Study Notes (1 Viewer)

jcurry

HSC
I'[ve got my physics half yearlies coming up so im doing my notes from the syllabus.
Now i have done notes for all points except this one- describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effect on other masses in it

I have just hit a blank for some reason and cant manage to find an answer to this in any of the 3 textbooks i have???? Help would be appreciated.

independantz

HSC
Wouldn't it just be something like, the gravitational field will be in the direction of the centre of the largest mass( the massive object) and the effect on other masses is that it pulls them towards its centre due to the gravitational force of attraction experienced between masses.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
jcurry said:
I'[ve got my physics half yearlies coming up so im doing my notes from the syllabus.
Now i have done notes for all points except this one- describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effect on other masses in it

I have just hit a blank for some reason and cant manage to find an answer to this in any of the 3 textbooks i have???? Help would be appreciated.
The gravitational field surrounding a massive object will affect other masses in the field by creating a force of attraction between the two masses. You could also describe the field by defining its mathematical model, i.e. the formula. But the effect is a force between the two masses.

PS. Is there even a subject called Catholic Studies?

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Force of gravity is always in attractive force exerted equally on both masses. The strength of the gravitational field of a massive object depends on the value of the two masses and inversely proportional to their separation distance from the centre of the object. The force of attraction between smaller masses and the massive object depends on their mass and distance to the centre of the massive object.

jcurry

HSC
me121 said:
The gravitational field surrounding a massive object will affect other masses in the field by creating a force of attraction between the two masses. You could also describe the field by defining its mathematical model, i.e. the formula. But the effect is a force between the two masses.

PS. Is there even a subject called Catholic Studies?
thanks for the answers guys

yeh there is, its basically a religion class that doesnt count towards anything and we have to do some religion class

beatagrat

HSC
thanks for the answers guys

yeh there is, its basically a religion class that doesnt count towards anything and we have to do some religion class
Ahhhh, the joys of a catholic school hey.
I chose the 2 Unit studies of religion, which apparently scales well, so i'm happy with that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)