Study Methods (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
What kind of study methods are you going to use in year 11 despite it's minimal count towards our HSC results?

-revise everyday?
-cram in the weeks before?
-get wasted and bludge?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
get wasted
giggidy ;)

we'll see how it comes along..although i'll probably end up cramming on teh last day

xMaFF

HSC
Revising everyday, making notes, regular reference to syllabus.

Oh, and I have to remember to always start English Assignments early.
English assignments are always the hardest for me... ><"

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
get wasted and have sex everyday duh.
naaahhh
errr i'll probably have a study timetable, and i will read through the enwly taught work everyday, and i will summarise and continue.
during upcoming exams (half yearlies and yearlies i will make a summary of my already summarised notes, read heaps etc)

as for english i will be writing up a list of techniques these holidays to put up on my wall, and i will do a bit of english everyday and read through it, also just writing up and doing your own practise questions. e.g. "what themes is *book title* by *author* ___ trying to convey, and how does he present them"

for maths, just need to do heaps of questions, and use pastpapers :):)

Last edited:

Cee.

HSC
Revise daily, reading over my notes, summarize and try to understand the concepts. Definitely start assignments early (no more all nighters for me!). Year 11 is pretty short.. better start experimenting with study methods! :(

PH011

HSC
Revise everyday => cram => get wasted =\

Gold Lion

HSC
Even though year 11 doesn't count for shiz it's good to start the study routine early so that once you're in year 12, you're a natural at it
That was def my biggest mistake

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I've done 2 study courses things (through school), now is the time I wished I was more orgnaised and remembered where I put the booklets.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Do homework that has been set. Then go over what I learnt on that day, put it into note form, read over the notes to try and remember some of them. Then spend the rest of the day doing whatever.

This shouldn't be too hard.

Hopefully, by the time I get an exam, I'll have my notes almost complete if not already finished, ready to be revised :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Take my advice and work out the best study regime for you. But remember that consistent revision is the key :)

And in case you guys were wondering, most 09ers would not have made notes for year 11 including me XD

HSC
Uni Grad
Take my advice and work out the best study regime for you. But remember that consistent revision is the key :)

And in case you guys were wondering, most 09ers would not have made notes for year 11 including me XD
Nawt even for the yearlies?!?!?

domoku

HSC
Even though a lot of people say year 11 doesn't count, you'd be crapping yourself for some subjects (e.g. maths) once you realize the content you studied in year 11 is the basics of your work in year 12.... so it's best to just not slack off and cram :)

And it does give you a good opportunity to find out which method is best for you to study, etc...coz there isn't much room for trial and error in year 12!

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC

lawl most of us wouldn't even prepare for prelims haha

but i would highly recommend anna's advice to play a vital role into your study method.

occer

HSC
N/A
Trying not to think about it right now, damn it BoS.

Senator111

HSC
I'll probably sit down start of week - set my goals for the coming week. give myself a quick midweek assessment and keep a dairy of what I achieved on that friday.

That way, I will be doing regular revision and also be working for something - an aim I have to achieve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)