Study methods for legal??? (1 Viewer)

justjaxson

HSC
I'm ranked 1st out of 15 for legal studies, I get good results but I don't know why. Does anyone else experience this in legal or other subjects? But my main question is what are the best methods for a better understanding of the concepts? :read:

theomen131

HSC
N/A
legal is a knowledge course, based mainly off the ability to regurgitate information. Anyone can do this with practice. It also requires an understanding of the content as your judgement on how effective the law actually works is quite a big part of legal. This is where the constant and repetitive study doesnt play a part. it is about how well you can understand, comprehend and criticise the law. The only way to get better at that is by using an open mind and being very interested in the law. This is because you will need to do a lot more work than is whats in the text books (most people think you can just memorise the txt book and thats a band 6).

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
legal is a knowledge course, based mainly off the ability to regurgitate information. Anyone can do this with practice. It also requires an understanding of the content as your judgement on how effective the law actually works is quite a big part of legal. This is where the constant and repetitive study doesnt play a part. it is about how well you can understand, comprehend and criticise the law. The only way to get better at that is by using an open mind and being very interested in the law. This is because you will need to do a lot more work than is whats in the text books (most people think you can just memorise the txt book and thats a band 6).
+1

It's like me for business studies. People find it heaps boring but other hand look at it with an open mind and argue with the teacher on other possibilities for the answer. Also being geniuenly interested in a subject will boost your marks. I'd say keep doing what you have been doing and understand why the thing happens instead of rote learning it. (Personally I dislike legal and plan to drop it)

justjaxson

HSC
+1

It's like me for business studies. People find it heaps boring but other hand look at it with an open mind and argue with the teacher on other possibilities for the answer. Also being geniuenly interested in a subject will boost your marks. I'd say keep doing what you have been doing and understand why the thing happens instead of rote learning it. (Personally I dislike legal and plan to drop it)
Point taken, but I really do enjoy legal studies (never understood why it gets so much hate, but each to their own) it's just if I do a test or something and I always come out feeling bad then get like 95% or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)