• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

study guides (excel etc) (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
excel 2 unit maths ( preliminary is good)
the hsc 2 unit aint as good
and the 3 unit hsc sux
and chemistry ( prelim/hsc) sucks
thats what i have found personally ...

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Excel advanced english is..... interesting but nothing i didn't already know
Macquarie Ancient History is excellent! I'd recommend it to anyone- it follows the syllabus and is a good overview
General maths excel is ok for exercises and stuff, but the macquarie one is gud too.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
nessie_lee said:
Excel advanced english is..... interesting but nothing i didn't already know
Macquarie Ancient History is excellent! I'd recommend it to anyone- it follows the syllabus and is a good overview
General maths excel is ok for exercises and stuff, but the macquarie one is gud too.

i was going to buy it .. cept i thought it would be a waste .. considering it has info on most options .. all that extra stuff lol

VieTz_88

VieTz
HSC
withoutaface said:
Yes I have. I didn't find it to have any significant advantage over cambridge. I couldn't understand the explanations in either of them. The only way I learn is by doing the exercises, and cambridge has better questions, so it is better.
ohh okies hey umm yeh what do you think of the Terry Lee textbook ? COz my teacher plans to use Fitz + Terry Lee You rckn Cambridge would have the better exercise questions than those books?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
nessie_lee said:
success one isnt bad as well.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol ive got revise in a month for both legals and maths

kylie_robbo

I have excel for Soc & Cult, PDHPE, Eng (St), and I did have the CAFS one as well... out of those, the CAFS one was the only one worthwhile.

I have non-excel brands for the Eng modules: they are good... as you buy them, flip through them for readability and credibility.

I also have the PDHPE revise in a month... that seems to be good... haven't really used it too much. And I borrowed the Gen Maths one from my teacher, and that is a good resource.

The Macquarie PDHPE guide is apparently the best to get, and for S&C, stick to Bernie Howitt's text.

astro

HSC
even though it's just a techniques dictionary, 'Edible English' is really good....the 'five senses' textbook for adv eng is okay - however, the 'my place' sections is shocking.
I'm thinking about buying Bulmer's updated eco instead of Riley...is that a good idea? (i know i've asked the question so many times - sorry, just wanted to make sure)

Rachael325

HSC
where do u get maquarie guides? like excel are in every book shop....i havent even seen maquarie

Scanorama

HSC
You can get Macquarie at other bookshops, like excel.

For chemistry, Macquarie is much much better than excel. IPT excel is rubbish, it does not cover some of the important points, the textbook is better,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)