• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Game (1 Viewer)

Nox

Protestants schools were severly affected by the abolition of government aid, only the wealthier schools survived due to rich parents paying high fees. As a result most protestant children attended public schools.

Catholic school systems set up its own schools in most parishes, educated by the the catholic faction there, such as the order of st joseph founded by mary mckillop, due to this most catholic children were educated in catholic controlled schools.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
State aid withdrawal was before 1900 so why are you worrying about it?? Education isnt really an issue in the Influence of Religion 1901+ unit...except in the first dot point but your example is about 12 years too late. You should be looking at the Goulbourn Strikes, the science lab funding and even the current arguments about school funding not state aid withdrawal in 1880 something!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
And after you answer a question you are meant to ask another question :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
And after you answer a question you are meant to ask another question :p
Ok..why doesnt anyone explain the rules for starnge net games like this one to old ppl like me???
Serious Q/ for the influence of religion in Oz 1901+...give me 5 examples of non -Catholic and 5 examples of non-Christian "stuff" that can be used for this unit (example and reasoning/explanation + bonus points for syllabus area it covers)
(reasoning. cause the syllbus expects a demonstration of variants etc and most ppl only use Catholic examples which counts against them in the marking)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Jeez, I made that one up myself...I thought it was a good one!! Esp. given my frame of mind at the moment...see Chardies thread above/below this one)
BTW why would I be looking in MH??

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
How game is meant to go :p

what does "stuff" mean?!?!
didnt want o use "example" twice plus Iwanted it to be nice and braod so eveyone can join in an dplay!!
Meh...I have a head ache........:(

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Would stuff refer to Judaism and the Pesach and Gemilut Chassidim stuff, charitable stuff like that...now u got me saying stuff too much

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
snapperhead said:
Ok..why doesnt anyone explain the rules for starnge net games like this one to old ppl like me???
Serious Q/ for the influence of religion in Oz 1901+...give me 5 examples of non -Catholic and 5 examples of non-Christian "stuff" that can be used for this unit (example and reasoning/explanation + bonus points for syllabus area it covers)
(reasoning. cause the syllbus expects a demonstration of variants etc and most ppl only use Catholic examples which counts against them in the marking)

that question is messed up- hope I don't get something like that in trials hehe

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
snapperhead said:
didnt want o use "example" twice plus Iwanted it to be nice and braod so eveyone can join in an dplay!!
Meh...I have a head ache........:(

Ohh didums shouldent drink should we :p

Response of Islam to rural and outback Australia.
The first city mosque was opened in Adelaide in 1890 and others soon followed in Broken Hill and Perth. After Federation, and because of the White Australia Policy, many Muslims returned to their homelands. During the 1920s and 1930s, Albanian Islamic immigrants arrived in Australia. Many went to Queensland, working on tobacco farms, cane cutting and cotton picking.

Conscription WW1
Jews
Because they felt loyalty to the British Empire and wanted security against Germany, Jews supported conscription. Rabbis Cohen (NSW) and Danglow (VIC) especially encouraged it

WW1
Muslims: During WW1, two Muslim Turks attacked a picnic train near Broken Hill. They were acting quite independently, yet the Broken Hill mines the next day fired all enemy aliens and the Australian Prime Minister, Billy Hughes, interned enemy aliens for the remainder of the war.
Jews:
~ There were a high number of enlistments among the Jews.
Elsewhere they were experiencing persecution and humiliation
but in the British Empire, they had freedom and equality. They
wanted security against the rise of Germany. 13% of Jews
eligible to enlist did so compared with 9.2% of the Australian
population as a whole.
~ They made donations to the Red Cross, Comforts Fund, Lord
Mayor’s Patriotic Fund and Australia Day Appeal. In NSW
alone, the Jewish contribution of the Australia Day Appeal
raised 900 000 pounds, due to Rabbi Cohen’s work. They
resisted the formation of a separate Jewish War Fund because
they did not want to emphasise distinctiveness.
~ Jewish Australians of German decent were, like Lutherans of
German descent, interned.

Gambling
Islam: All forms of gambling are haram or forbidden in Islam. Nevertheless, as in all religions, there are those who have serious problems with gambling. In the Arabic and other ethnic communities, gambling and gamblers carry a social stigma, and it leads to a loss of face in the community for the gambler and his family. As a result, people who gambled hid the extent of their activities and were reluctant at admit to problems or seek professional help. Recently (200-1), the Islamic Council of NSW worked with the Australian Arabic Communities Council in conducting an educational and counseling campaign within the Arabic (not all Arabs are Muslims) and Muslim communities in Sydney on the dangerous consequences of gambling, with the aim of targeting problem gamblers within these communities.

Still a silly question.

Give 3 examples of Inter-faith dialogue (my question makes alot more sense :p)

EDIT
juventino said:
that question is messed up- hope I don't get something like that in trials hehe
2 against 1 i win

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
Non-Christian and Non-Catholic are the same bloody thing
No, they are not the "same bloody thing"
Non-Christian= Islam, Buddhist etc
Non-Catholic= Anglican, Uniting Church etc
Basics of the course.....
I know I had a headache when I asked this/ but I wasnt that under the influence....
Question still stands.
Give examples (Non-Christian and Non-Catholic because of syllabus requirements) that can be used for any part of the 'religion in Oz 1901+' unit. You must state example, religion or variant and where it can be used in the unit....

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
Would stuff refer to Judaism and the Pesach and Gemilut Chassidim stuff, charitable stuff like that...now u got me saying stuff too much
Yes...
+ Tenilles stuff is good as well....what about non-Catholic now??

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
snapperhead said:
No, they are not the "same bloody thing"
Non-Christian= Islam, Buddhist etc
Non-Catholic= Anglican, Uniting Church etc
Basics of the course.....
I know I had a headache when I asked this/ but I wasnt that under the influence....
Question still stands.
Give examples (Non-Christian and Non-Catholic because of syllabus requirements) that can be used for any part of the 'religion in Oz 1901+' unit. You must state example, religion or variant and where it can be used in the unit....
Sweetie im not a mind reader you are going to have to say different denominations ;) im not playing this game anymore!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
Sweetie im not a mind reader you are going to have to say different denominations ;) im not playing this game anymore!
touchy, touchy...
LOL
Sorry for being confusing. In my experience, most students on this board dont know what a variant or denomination is.... (not talking about you as you ARE the exception!!)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Heheh don't mind me i am just very bored/tired but need to do a few things for major work (i just want to get rid of the thing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)