study for economics (1 Viewer)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
hi. I'm in year 11 and doing economics. How should I be studying for this subject ?
Because I'm getting average marks and I want to improve.

Also, I have the preliminary exam, which for eco is on the 8th Sep. I was told to revise everything in the textbook (The Market Economy 2008 Edition). Should I revise the summary ??

Thanks

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
first of all if your in year 11..

this was my step from boosting my marks significantly..

1.) start summarising your notes from the textbook.

2.) buy dot point textbook and yeah use that to revise

3.) do the short answers on the back of your textbook and also other sources and textbooks like leading edge would really benefit your marks

4.) for your prelim , leading edge textbooks and pastpapers would be beneficial however don't stress to much about prelim.

5.) After prelims. get straight away with summarising your notes for HSC.

beginning of the HSC i had already done revision up to half yearly trust me its not that much work..

Good luck :)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks. but there is one thing im concerned about. I take notes but some of them i could not understand.. and also i want to know how would you write your study notes ?
Because when I write notes, I write long sentences.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks. but there is one thing im concerned about. I take notes but some of them i could not understand.. and also i want to know how would you write your study notes ?
Because when I write notes, I write long sentences.
Have the syllabus next to you :) and you should write briefly not long sentences. this way it will allow you to remember stuff..

here is an example:

Fiscal policy is a macroeconomic government policy that uses the budget outcome to influence the economy. (try condense your notes alot its much easier to remember)

writing long sentences is very bad :((

if you find difficulty then try get the notes from the resource section they have benefitted me alot :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Make things simple.

Long paragraphs (for me) are pointless. Short good sentences are key so you can skim over them later on.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
i have the syllabus. Do I just take dot points that links with the section "students learn about" ? How can I tell if the information in the Learning Edge textbook I have provided is important and relevant to the syllabus ?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
i have the syllabus. Do I just take dot points that links with the section "students learn about" ? How can I tell if the information in the Learning Edge textbook I have provided is important and relevant to the syllabus ?

Again only take information from the textbook that is mentioned in the syllabus. trust me all that irrelevant stuff not mentioned is never ever tested =DD

use the resources as mentioned from b.o.s they have all the layouts you need and exemplars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)