Study Buddy Program! (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hello friends :)

I don't know if this has been done before but it occurred to me in my sleep (weird timing haha!) that it would be really groovy to maybe initiate a study buddy system where you find a study buddy to motivate you for the year.

It comes from my schools voluntary program of having a study buddy, and I thought, why not find one on BoS? (Probably also as a method to get off as well lol)

I guess how it would work is that you find a study buddy and you guys discuss your goals and help each other achieve them.

How?

Motivate each other to do x, y, z things whatever week or day in order to achieve your long term goals. I think a large part of success in the HSC is finding motivation, hence my proposal to start something like this.

I think it shouldn't be a problem if you and your buddy don't do the same subjects, because you still have the ability to motivate each other :)

If anyone is interested in being my study buddy or finding anyone, please reply to this thread or send me a PM (if you're a bit shy :p) (or you can PM others on this thread)

Best wishes for HSC 2014 :)

EDIT: If you prefer working with someone with similar subjects, I really recommend you browse this thread and message people who have posted their subjects, etc. I thought about matching people up, but it would get too chaotic during the school term and I don't think I could potentially cope (that might change though, so what this space haha!)

Last edited:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
their is a skype 2014'ers chat i believe.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
there should be 1, I will try to find the thread.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Not sure about how the motivating thing works. I'm sure there are a lot of threads looking for motivation and the replies given are great. I don't think I can go any further than "You got this." or "I believe in you." After all, I don't want to be sounding like their parents/personal cheerleader lol

A note sharing system would be nice. Make a google docs where everyone can compile/edit each others notes

QZP

HSC
Well, two people could agree grind out a study session of say 1 hour of reading Frankenstein or 1 hour of doing homework, math, writing notes, etc. This way they are inclined to stay on task.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Not sure about how the motivating thing works. I'm sure there are a lot of threads looking for motivation and the replies given are great. I don't think I can go any further than "You got this." or "I believe in you." After all, I don't want to be sounding like their parents/personal cheerleader lol

A note sharing system would be nice. Make a google docs where everyone can compile/edit each others notes
LOL this is hilarious

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

Imagine this scenario:

A: Hey, what have you done today?

B: Did 2 chapters of Maths, finished my English essay finally, 2 dot points for Chem and Bio each, wbu?

A: Umm... I read one chapter of Frankenstein and then fell asleep lol, and then watched a season of Breaking Bad.

B: Dude...

Now person A feels obliged to do more work.

Encouragement doesn't need to be explicitly said. It's like doing some running with a group of people. If you see everybody dying and stopping to take rests, you will probably feel inclined to do so as well. However, if everybody is dying but they're still pushing on, you will most likely do as well.

We, as humans are 'advanced monkeys' and you know as they say "Monkey see, monkey do".

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

I think this is a great idea from RR :) Not everyone has supportive parents/overbearing parents in the HSC lol-peer support is a great notion!

I think it's a fantastic idea to help keep yourself accountable for your own study with someone going through the same process. Especially if you are in a less academic trying to push yourself, you have a yardstick or model to do so. And everyone has those rough days where you just need someone to be like, just do a little bit plssss (asianese does this all the time for me at uni, he yells me at on FB when he knows I should be studying cell bio), it helps.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Imagine this scenario:

A: Hey, what have you done today?

B: Did 2 chapters of Maths, finished my English essay finally, 2 dot points for Chem and Bio each, wbu?

A: Umm... I read one chapter of Frankenstein and then fell asleep lol, and then watched a season of Breaking Bad.

B: Dude...

Now person A feels obliged to do more work.

Encouragement doesn't need to be explicitly said. It's like doing some running with a group of people. If you see everybody dying and stopping to take rests, you will probably feel inclined to do so as well. However, if everybody is dying but they're still pushing on, you will most likely do as well.

We, as humans are 'advanced monkeys' and you know as they say "Monkey see, monkey do".
Well I guess that's true. Depends on the "sheep level" of Person A.

Plot twist: Person B only did 1 chapter of Maths and Person A is using Breaking Bad as a related text.

dunjaaa

HSC
I would love to have a really enthusiastic maths study buddy, someone who is very, very fond of mathematics like I am. For maths, I think studying together by attempting to uncover difficult questions will be greatly beneficial tbh especially in 4U, 2 minds are better than 1.

d-alarmclock

HSC
Today I have done 4 chapters of maths, finished my english creative, read all my english texts and watched 25 episodes of 60 minutes.

You're Welcome.
Thank you! Now I feel finishing that my 195 question English study guide and completing the motors and generators topic in 23 minutes was just measly compared to you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)