Study buddies!? (1 Viewer)

pHyRe

HSC
why not hsc, or have you done that? I've done 05, 2010 3u hsc exams, so im gonna try power through 06-09 and 11/12 soon. only 2 hour exams each so should be doable.

60/70??? that's fking good

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
why not hsc, or have you done that? I've done 05, 2010 3u hsc exams, so im gonna try power through 06-09 and 11/12 soon. only 2 hour exams each so should be doable.

60/70??? that's fking good
I've done all the papers in the success one book like twice over. It got to the point where I just knew the answers. So I thought 'clean' papers that I haven't seen are the way to go. What do you usually aim for/get pHyRe?

pHyRe

HSC
I've done all the papers in the success one book like twice over. It got to the point where I just knew the answers. So I thought 'clean' papers that I haven't seen are the way to go. What do you usually aim for/get pHyRe?
Aiming for about a 93 scaled mark, so I'm aiming for about 80% which is a touch over to be safe. Don't see the point of working ridiculously hard at 3unit maths unless your going for 99.6+ ATAR, after you get around 92, 93 diminishing returns kicks in hard. And 90 is where it kicks in for 4unit. Much better working hard on english, chem, eco that kind of stuff.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Aiming for about a 93 scaled mark, so I'm aiming for about 80% which is a touch over to be safe. Don't see the point of working ridiculously hard at 3unit maths unless your going for 99.6+ ATAR, after you get around 92, 93 diminishing returns kicks in hard. And 90 is where it kicks in for 4unit. Much better working hard on english, chem, eco that kind of stuff.
Yes I completely agree with you, there is no point busting your brains out in one subjects and neglecting time in the other 8 units that also count to your ATAR

HSC
Got room for one more study bud?

Has just hit me that we have 2 days left before HSC. Oh man oh man oh man fuuuaaarkkk

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You guys need more motivation! There is only a few more weeks to go! You will regret not trying so hard in the final lap of the race!!

HSC
i know man, i know. fuck fuck fuck!
Lol maybe if I break it down things will seem easier.

English Paper 1 Section 1- No idea what assigned texts will be so best to know how to identify various techniques and just wing it.
English Paper 1 Section 2- Most likely going to be a story, but could also be a speech or radio interview or some BS like that (FML if that's the case). For story the concept could be belonging to place, family, friends, communities, individuality or whatever. I've only got stories for family and place memorised...
English Paper 1 Section 3- Essay on assigned text, again the concept could be any aspect of belonging. I only know place and family again. Sh!t.

Nope, after all that it doesn't look any better to me... bugger

HSC
Alright study peeps, getting up at 8am tomorrow to study English essays/creative writing from dawn to dusk. Will update in this thread and make sure you guys are studying too. We are in this together!

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It's more like 97/98 for 3U and 94/95 for 4U.

Makematics

HSC
Im doing module c work tomoz, cbf with AoS it's the worst thing ive ever learnt

pHyRe

HSC
It's more like 97/98 for 3U and 94/95 for 4U.
chucking 93 into an atar calculator for 3unit gives 99.25 ATAR equivalent, and 90 gives 99.5 ATAR equivalent for 4unit. I said diminishing returns not no returns. So, like i said, if you're not going for 99.65+ no need to get higher marks you should work on subjects where the atar equiv will be 97-98 or a lot lower in subjects like english for me.

HSC
Ok, up a bit later than planned but IT BEGINS.

First up I am doing a fresh creative writing story focusing on barriers and choices that one makes in order to belong or not belong.

What is everyone else studying now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)