• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Students with 14 units, advice and motivation (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
  1. look forward to none, but enjoy the content of legal studies
  2. both because all directions are pointing to science for me :D
  3. hmm they are both good teachers, though the eco teacher has years of teaching experience and the legal has only a year of teaching experience. (trying to decide which subject to tick)
  4. Not sure what this question means? Well they both have extended response components with economics having 2 x 20 marks extended response questions and legal studies 2 x 25 marks ext. response but they are from two "additional focus studies" (kinda like electives topics)
  5. economics is more boring! too much jargon!
Question 4 basically is asking you which subject would you get the higher % in OR which one requires more work to get the same % ie eco might require 1hr a night to get 90% in an exam where as legal would require 2hrs to get 90% :)

el-capitano

HSC
omggg, im totally doing 14 units too cause im doing pretttyy decent in the all and i dont know what to drop :(
ontop of that im school captain, senior member of the multicultural group and have like a billion extra curricular stuff going on.
:( :(
my life is chaotic but im really indecisive.
what should i drop? like how should i decide what to drop?

im doing extension english, extension history, modern history, ancient history, legal studies, economics, adv english and adv mathematics :/

gaaahhhhh ><

help help help please ^_^

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
dux & src, i sugest maybe physics or chem, you could always do bridging course. thats if it takes you hours of study to get the marks.

If you cant decide between legal and eco, then as a last resort go to scaling, and eco > legal in scaling.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Question 4 basically is asking you which subject would you get the higher % in OR which one requires more work to get the same % ie eco might require 1hr a night to get 90% in an exam where as legal would require 2hrs to get 90% :)
well, economics would require more work, time and effort to get my head around the difficult concepts to be learnt and the jargon used in this subject whereas legal studies is a walk in the park :)
omggg, im totally doing 14 units too cause im doing pretttyy decent in the all and i dont know what to drop :(
ontop of that im school captain, senior member of the multicultural group and have like a billion extra curricular stuff going on.
:( :(
my life is chaotic but im really indecisive.
what should i drop? like how should i decide what to drop?

im doing extension english, extension history, modern history, ancient history, legal studies, economics, adv english and adv mathematics :/

gaaahhhhh ><

help help help please ^_^
naww we both hold leadership positions, you will manage. I'm really indecisive but after reading a few UAC reports and seeing how legal studies scales in comparison to economics and knowing that my teacher is there to help me plus i'm first in both anyway sooooooo i'm deciding legal will be cut! CUT CUT CUT!

no more decisions until further notice :D YAY!
Thanks, anna, deer, lordpc etc you guys helped a lot :) Now i'll just see the careers adviser to get more advice before i regret my decision.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
From what you've said, it looks like you'll be dropping eco.

By the way, don't worry about the scaling difference. Up the higher ends the scaling difference is negligible.

Good luck :)

dux&src

HSC
dux & src, i sugest maybe physics or chem, you could always do bridging course. thats if it takes you hours of study to get the marks.

If you cant decide between legal and eco, then as a last resort go to scaling, and eco > legal in scaling.
physics and chem will take some time from me to get a decent band 5/6 and in the end i might even drop physics lol because i bludged in prelim physics :(

How much of prelim physics is tested in HSC physics? Advice please.

what about chemistry cause i sort of bludged in this too! But so far i'm understanding and grasping the HSC chemistry concepts well so far so good!

Oh yes, bridging courses Lol, but i have the ability to do well in physics i just know it.

Dyllip

HSC

i agree with this. legal is a bit easier and scales a bit worse than eco. but eco is harder and scales a bit better.

I personally enjoy both subjects' content, so I will be dropping Modern History.

dux&src

HSC
From what you've said, it looks like you'll be dropping eco.

By the way, don't worry about the scaling difference. Up the higher ends the scaling difference is negligible.

Good luck :)
Oh no, the quality of the students in my economics class is much better! Plus the teacher has years of experience, plus scaling is in favour of economics, plus i've already invested in $40 worth of economics books whereas legal studies $0 and i'm not gonna buy more books LOl and waste $40 by dropping eco

sooo i'm droppin' legal unfortunately, even though i enjoy it more..just that the students in the class are pretty distractive and noisy with the teacher having only a year of experience.!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Oh no, the quality of the students in my economics class is much better! Plus the teacher has years of experience, plus scaling is in favour of economics, plus i've already invested in $40 worth of economics books whereas legal studies $0 and i'm not gonna buy more books LOl and waste $40 by dropping eco

sooo i'm droppin' legal unfortunately, even though i enjoy it more..just that the students in the class are pretty distractive and noisy with the teacher having only a year of experience.!
Ahaha, so long as you're content :)

dux&src

HSC
i agree with this. legal is a bit easier and scales a bit worse than eco. but eco is harder and scales a bit better.

I personally enjoy both subjects' content, so I will be dropping Modern History.
I can see why you want to drop Modern History, obviously because you came 10th in it for prelims whereas your other subjects you did much better ranking-wise.

But for me i was first in A. eng, leg and noemics and for the science/maths subjects i was amongst the top 5 students of all my maths/science based subjects, not first though (humanities moreso than science/maths for me).
I want a science degree to get into post. grad. health sciences degrees which require ATARs of 98+ i'm sure. Yet, i am not good at science as i am at humanities. :(

Now i'm thinking why don't i drop physics lol but before i do i pose this question to ppl who have taken the HSC physics course:
How much of prelim physics is tested in HSC physics? Advice please.

Last edited:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
So did you drop Legal dux&src?

I'm starting to think about dropping it because my firends are dropping it. But I don't know; it'll be fun to hog another award.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I dropped Maths Adv after receiving my MathsOnline password

It was: leave4283

Divine sign? I sure think so!

dux&src

HSC
So did you drop Legal dux&src?

I'm starting to think about dropping it because my firends are dropping it. But I don't know; it'll be fun to hog another award.
No, i haven't dropped it yet. But i'm leaning towards dropping it. Haha i came first in it too. But the thing is i only got legal, eco and english first ...i could drop something like physics where i'm in the top 5 somewhere but not first at this point in time. I think there is room for improvement for HSC physics :)

How is prelim physics different to HSC physicssss??!!

dux&src

HSC
I dropped Maths Adv after receiving my MathsOnline password

It was: leave4283

Divine sign? I sure think so!
Good joke :lol:.
Seriously, you dropped 2U mathematics because of that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)