Students at Risk question. (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
On the USYD website it says
Triggers
At the end of each semester faculties produce a report listing all students within that faculty who do not meet the faculty's academic progression requirements based on the following triggers:

not successfully completing more than 50 per cent of the credit points for which the student was enrolled in the semester or year (as appropriate) just completed
not achieving a satisfactory Weighted Average Mark (WAM) in the award course over a defined period, as specified by the faculty
not completing a mandated unit of study, field or clinical work, or practicum, as appropriate
not passing the same unit of study
having an unsatisfactory student attendance record if mandated, or
inability to complete a degree within the maximum permitted time while carrying a normal student load.

So what happens if I pass 3/5 units im enrolled in since this is passing more then 50% of the credit points for that semester?

bio_nut

HSC
It depends which units.

Maths are half the credit points, remember?

So you need to pass with more than 12 credit points I think? Maths plus eg. Bio is only 12 credit points, which is only 50%

edit:number of subjects are irrelevant, you still are doing 24 credit points this semester if you're doing both maths and 3 other subjects.

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Ok, say I pass chem ( 6cp), stats(3cp) and biol (6cp)/Thats 15/24 cp passed.

But I fail the rest, what happens?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Ok, say I pass chem ( 6cp), stats(3cp) and biol (6cp)/Thats 15/24 cp passed.

But I fail the rest, what happens?
Even if you fail they send you a letter telling you to come to a bunch of seminars for retards. I remember I ignored all the warnings and requests to attend things when I failed a couple of subjects and no ill came of it.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
having an unsatisfactory student attendance record if mandated,
is this like, if you dont go to your tutes?

because i skipped most of my economics tutes, a few psych tutes, and a few biostats tutes, and i think 1 or 2 calculus tutes.. :uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)