student teacher relationships (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
fair game? u dont think some 17 yr old cant be as sure of everything involved in relationships?

i mean guys who knowingly go after a younger girl are wankers- u persue a partner for anything but exploitation.
Well they may be wankers but it isn't illegal... I met Felicity when I was 18 and it was right. Sure people can't be as sure of everything but some people can... I'm sure some 35 year olds can't be as sure of everything involved in a relationship... so why penalise something which the age limits defines as legal.

If you see the problem with wankers going after girls younger than them, then go after them personally, don't include everyone else in your attacks.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Ok, i'm gonna side with raiks on this one... it pisses me off how people assume they hae the right to talk about other peoples relationships... whether they be between a student and teacher or not. What also pisses me off is that fact that the teacher always gets blamed for instigating the relationship when it is perfectly clear (as shown above) that the student can have just as much, if not more power in instigating the whole thing... n i mean, if both parties dont want it to happen, theres not a very big chance that anything is gonna happen. I just wish ppl would get over it and let ppl get on with their lives.

I just have one question... how many people that have replied to this thread have actually even come close to being in a student teacher relationship??? When we find that out then maybe we will see who really deserves to have a say.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Raiks said:
Well they may be wankers but it isn't illegal... I met Felicity when I was 18 and it was right. Sure people can't be as sure of everything but some people can... I'm sure some 35 year olds can't be as sure of everything involved in a relationship... so why penalise something which the age limits defines as legal.

If you see the problem with wankers going after girls younger than them, then go after them personally, don't include everyone else in your attacks.
firstly i didnt imply u- i know u r wrapped up in this, but im trying to say its useless to have a law that stipulates age as when a person is "ready"

u have to admit some ppl do exploit others- and there's no realistic way to penalise them....the only why is by saying at the age of 16 u r on ur own and there is nothing much that can be done

how can u prove anything

student teacher relationships get judged so easily for this reason- obviously the teacher is there to teach and help the student....it is not the parents choice for a relationship to develop as it is their position to care and "prepare" the child for adulthood (supposedly).

there is no way in law to examine the validity of any relationship- thats why divorces can only be obtained on a no fault basis. basically admitting the helplessness of the law in this matter- its unfair and wrong to say 1 person is wrong

but sometimes 1 person is wrong in certain situations

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Taz said:
Ok, i'm gonna side with raiks on this one... it pisses me off how people assume they hae the right to talk about other peoples relationships... whether they be between a student and teacher or not. What also pisses me off is that fact that the teacher always gets blamed for instigating the relationship when it is perfectly clear (as shown above) that the student can have just as much, if not more power in instigating the whole thing... n i mean, if both parties dont want it to happen, theres not a very big chance that anything is gonna happen. I just wish ppl would get over it and let ppl get on with their lives.

I just have one question... how many people that have replied to this thread have actually even come close to being in a student teacher relationship??? When we find that out then maybe we will see who really deserves to have a say.
It seems there is only one person on this board... heh :D

Re: thejosiekiller. People will always exploit people as long as there are others gullible enough to believe them... its the nature of society and trying to get one step ahead. But saying that the older people exploit younger people is absolute bollocks, what about younger people exploiting older people... it all comes down to the basis that some people will exploit others fullstop. And teachers cop a lot of flak because of this 'duty of care' which basically stipulates that a student can't be alone with a teacher without a witness, and its a load of crap, sure enough if they are under 16, because they are still considered sexually a child, but over 16... then fair game, and if exploitation occurs, then attack the offender, not the teacher/student relationships... because it's not the situation that is the problem, its the person and every situation is different.

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
hmm all the teachers at my school (all girls school) are either 50 years old or gay...i think the school doesnt hire young men coz obviously conspiracys might approach with girls liking them....

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Taz said:

I agree...this thread has been up for ages...

I mean it's their choice...it's wrong if one is exploiting the other...but not if they're really in love. Hhmmm but somehow I doubt under 14s know the true meaning of love.

The tennis coach at that exclusive school in Vic, the PE teacher in Syd, the elementary school teacher in the US (now that was a bit unsettling...he was 11, she was 35 with kids)...it seems the media is currently going through a student teacher relationship coverage frenzy.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I agree...this thread has been up for ages...

I mean it's their choice...it's wrong if one is exploiting the other...but not if they're really in love. Hhmmm but somehow I doubt under 14s know the true meaning of love.

The tennis coach at that exclusive school in Vic, the PE teacher in Syd, the elementary school teacher in the US (now that was a bit unsettling...he was 11, she was 35 with kids)...it seems the media is currently going through a student teacher relationship coverage frenzy.
I've think you've summed it up to a tee.

BabySilver

HSC
Dunno if it counts but.. I had a one night stand with a friend of a friend a little less then a year ago. he's a teacher at my tafe, but not my teacher. Also It was before I was attending tafe.

Other then that, I had a crush on a substitute teacher in high school.. he got a job in hongkong before I got up the courage to try and lure him my way

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
The media just like to exploit anything they can find to exploit... that is pretty much the only way to describe them.

u have to admit some ppl do exploit others- and there's no realistic way to penalise them....the only why is by saying at the age of 16 u r on ur own and there is nothing much that can be done
Exploitation of younger people does occur too... but it is not just by teachers. What really gets to me is the fact that someone that is considered to be 'legal' cannot make their own decisions when it comes to relationships. I mean, i have left school and i am now 18 but i know that if i decided to begin a relationship with someone that used to be my teacher we would both get our arses kicked pretty much. I understand that laws are there to protect the welfare of the students... and in some cases even the teachers - but why does the media and also the general public insist on passing comment on relationships that would rarely occur unless both parties believed there was definitely something between them. Student / teacher relationships dont happen unless they really love each other because there is simply too much to lose for both parties. I just wish everyone would leave the ones that find themselves in love, alone and let them get on with their lives. If they find happiness in each other then why does everyone else want to spend their time taking that happiness away.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
not every1 finds love in a teacher/student relationship
its easy to target 1 element of younger/older relationships such as this thread is on about...
what do you say to the ppl who do get exploited?? "sorry- i found love, too bad for u?? shit happens?"

it is their choice no argument- but its obviously a sensitive issue for a reason- some ppl lose sight of the significance of certain types of relationships- whether they be between ppl of diff ages, the same sex or ppl who would rather be considered de facto than married.

generally i will be judgemental of certain types of relationships- but in matters where there is love no1 can argue supposedly- look at politicians, fundamentally r there to ensure the stability of the family unit within Australia--> but its getting harder and harder when they are getting more conservative in relation to ppl's concerns. ppl r afraid of alot of things whether they be ppl who exploit, commit crimes or ppl of different races. it never stops.

be realistic- ppl should neither condem or approve of student/teacher relationships...its not really an appropriate form of relationship in today's society because ppl dont agree that its right in essence when they first begin. However this changes in different situations such as yours- i cant and dont disapprove of ur relationship- who is any1 to say ur relationship is wrong now that it has developed in what ppl would call healthy

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
be realistic- ppl should neither condem or approve of student/teacher relationships...its not really an appropriate form of relationship in today's society because ppl dont agree that its right in essence when they first begin. However this changes in different situations such as yours- i cant and dont disapprove of ur relationship- who is any1 to say ur relationship is wrong now that it has developed in what ppl would call healthy
Rock on! Well said.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's not wrong. There are situations where it is wrong but the whole idea of it isn't wrong... although I'm going to be slightly biased here about this.

J

jhakka

Raiks said:
It's not wrong. There are situations where it is wrong but the whole idea of it isn't wrong... although I'm going to be slightly biased here about this.
How it's approached is an issue. If they're going at it in the classroom... bad.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i did my chem phys maths and heck even sdd teacher
nothing wrong with that

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
eww cant imagine it, only have one hot teacher at my school and he is the PE teacher...now i regret not taking sport life and rec for the HSC!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
jhakka said:
How it's approached is an issue. If they're going at it in the classroom... bad.
Of course if the relationship is played out inside school grounds then its bad because then conflicts of interests and duty of care and the stuff definitely comes into play but if its approached in the right way, then theres nothing wrong with it at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)