Student online ranks!! (1 Viewer)

rocafella32

HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me with regard to your official BOS ranks

On the your personal students online ranks, are the ranks in anyway different to the ones your school gave you?

I was wondering if i should chase up the discrepencies or if its just meant to be like that through the BOS rechecking and rearranging your ranks again.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The ranks that the BOS have should be the same as the school gave you as the school sent those ranks to the BOS.

If there is a discrepancy then check it out at the school. Ask the school to check that they gave you the right rank, and sent through the correct rank. Then show them the rank on the BOS to show the discrepance. Once they see the discrepancy they can notify the BOS and get it corrected.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No, all of my ranks where the same as my final school ranks.

However I know some people whos ranks were quite different with some jumping more then 3 places while others only jumping 1 place from what appears as their final report. So not to sure what happened there but didn't affect me so...

If I was you as cem has said contact the school and take it up with them first who should be able to help you out and tell you any discrepancys that might of occured.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
However I know some people whos ranks were quite different with some jumping more then 3 places while others only jumping 1 place from what appears as their final report. So not to sure what happened there but didn't affect me so...
I'd say that would because of rounding - I understand the marks are rounded to a whole number to send to BOS, while the previous marks may have been done to 1 or 2 dp. So if you were previously 6th, you could well have moved up to =5th and BOS just show it as 5th

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I had that smae problem, one of my subjects was a rank lower than my report...now that may not seem like much but i wanted it fixed!! lol...anywayz i went and saw my teacher bout it and they said they were gonna check it out...but yeah i would see ur school if u r concerned bout it

kerfuffle

HSC
For Business Studies, it says 11/35 on my report, but 11/34 on the Students Online site. O.O Should I be concerned? Or just forget about it?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
cem said:
The ranks that the BOS have should be the same as the school gave you as the school sent those ranks to the BOS.

If there is a discrepancy then check it out at the school. Ask the school to check that they gave you the right rank, and sent through the correct rank. Then show them the rank on the BOS to show the discrepance. Once they see the discrepancy they can notify the BOS and get it corrected.
What if your rank, online, is better than what the school told you.

(sshhh!!)

Melon4Pumpkin

HSC
i didnt no my results from skool..
but after looking at the BOS rankings.....
i was very happy!!! :)

h2cker

HSC
hey i need help
where do i find the online ranks?
im confused?

cadylayne

HSC
if your rank is different its also possible that you've been compared to extension students, as their rankings are integrated into the 2 unit class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)