Student Loans (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
While I can defer my HECS fees, I still have a problem of paying for accommodation, does anyone know of banks who offer actual Student Loans? Thanks!

kalli

HSC
national offer student loans with a very low interest rate... i suggest you go in and chat to the people behind the customer service desk...

they also have tertiary student accounts which have no monthly account fees and a $12 rebate :)

Ashleet

HSC
Commonwaelth has one caled the oncampus loan - which you pay back after graduation with a fixed interest of 10%

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Thanks ashleet, I've just gone and had a look, unfortunatly, it says I need to have studied there for atleast one year. Thanks for that though!

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yep, we have delayed payment option, which I was probably going to take anyway.. I just wanted to get as much as I could out of the way, in case my Centrelink payments don't come through... by the looks of things, I'll have about a grand to start me off, and get me through the first month atleast ;) By then, centrelink should come in.. Just was hoping there was a way to pay all my fees at once so I'm not worring about paying them on time and such... ah well, hopfully I can find a decent job aye? Thanks for your help mate :D

Ashleet

HSC
Just to let you know National Bank offers $10 000 loans to first year students as long as you have proof of enrollment and a guarentor.

However if you hold off for a year, they let 2nd year + borrow up to $20 000.

Both work like the commonwealth where you dont pay it back for up to 5 years (but then you have to pay the entire ammount back within 3 years after that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)