Student ID cards (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
It's sent through registered post, so the mailman has to get a signature.

sannous1

HSC
argh why can't usyd be like uts , uts give it to you on the spot lol

HSC
See. That happens to me EVERY TIME i'm expecting a package, even if I'm there ALL day. They still leave that stupid slip saying I wasn't home.

it's scam, post people just cant be bothered delivering packages, i reckon. a conspiracy!
I agree. Last time I got registered post that I paid extra for, I thought ticketek screwed up because I didn't have to sign anything, there wasn't a registered post sticker on the letter etc... and then I noticed that the sticker had been ripped off - probably by the postman so he doesn't have to go to the trouble of getting a signature >.<

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
noting the response to this, i feel i should warn you all that it's the same deal with your driver's licence :p

though i suppose there, when you get your p's etc it changes
What?????????????? NOOOO freaking horrible pictures!!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
noting the response to this, i feel i should warn you all that it's the same deal with your driver's licence :p

though i suppose there, when you get your p's etc it changes
yeah but red Ps only last 12 months, and green Ps only 24 months

after that though, yeah u have the same licence for like 5 yrs or something

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Out of curiosity, do any of you guys know if we can link our card to a Paypal account?

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Have any returning students received their card?

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Out of curiosity, do any of you guys know if we can link our card to a Paypal account?
I don't see why not seeing as u can link credit/debit cards to it.
it works the exact same as a visa/master card, only you have to add your own money to it(either on campus or bpay)

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
We have to do none of that. They're just taking their time.

amber44

HSC
I don't see why not seeing as u can link credit/debit cards to it.
it works the exact same as a visa/master card, only you have to add your own money to it(either on campus or bpay)
WOW, that's pretty cool. A really easy to load, prepaid credit card.

HSC
I dont even have a long driveway. my front door is inches away from the mail box.

I just don't think they even have the package. I think it just stays at the local post office waiting for me to pick it up, so i can queue in a stupid long line with people taking too long just to pay some stupid bill.
I think it may be a conspiracy!

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Keeping trying to add it to Paypal and I get this message:

This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

Emperor Lobster

HSC
Got mine today, had to pick it up at the PO. Kinda ridiculous, considering even real banks don't use Registered Post to send out PINs and such. What's with the slightly blurry picture? It doesn't appear to be a hologram or anything, just blurry.

The DOB issue affects all browsers, it's down to a broken call for a JavaScript file.

I was able to go around the issue by going direct to www.anz.com/prepaidcards, and registering there.
This form actually allows you to finish the registration, kudos to ianism. But it's still rather wanky - it does not allow you to enter slashes or any other non-alphanumeric characters into the street field, which is very convenient if you happen to live in a flat. I had to type "Unit X YY Name St", and knowing my postman I have no chance of getting any letter addressed as such.

Also, did they assign everyone the temporary password 99999999? There's a one in one hundred million chance it was just me, so I assume so. How very secure...

Poor show on behalf of ANZ.

Edit: The Unisyd part of their site doesn't work at all, even to just login on; you have to use the link above and once you actually log in the system looks like something straight out of 1998, only more buggy. Can anyone screen cap the phone number screen? The first one that comes up when you login? I didn't get a chance to read it and there doesn't appear to be any way to go back to it.

Last edited:

dafs2

HSC
Keeping trying to add it to Paypal and I get this message:

This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.
I don't think you can link it to Paypal. I had one last year when it came out in the trial period and just recieved my new one today. The card is pretty restricted by ANZ&USYD as it's only a prepaid card not an actual credit or debit one. Perhaps that's why it's being rejected by Paypal. However, try emailing ANZ, they responded to my queries last year pretty quickly.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
going to opt out of this visa shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)