Student Concession (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
how crazy is the state gov becoming... now students who r employed r not entitled to concession cards for public transport.... i was gunna apply but i am not allowed a card, i rang the the state transit office and got told by some snobby lil bitch that i was un able because i was employed, how else do students @ uni suppose to put the themselves thru their schooling!!!! i jst asked if employent meant full time, and the bitch replied, if it meant full time, it would have said so.....

has anyone applied for one and has a job??? cause im thinking of applying anyway

j_davo24

HSC
Apply anyway, the wrost they can do is say no. If they give it to you when you're not supposed to have it it's there own stupid fault. Besides you deserve to have it cheap when buses, trains and ferrys are never on time anyway.

eye candii

HSC
N/A
yeah i am applying anyway.

i didnt get to catch the bus lately for concession rates which pissed me off

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
my concession is like on printed onto my id card if u no wat i mean? ie i cant remove it
isnt ur card like that dave?

mija

HSC
that one is only for trains
u need the paper one for buses n stuff.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
lol not really i catch the connex bus an the drivers dont care as long as i have my student card wif me

i

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
huh? how come i dont have anything on my student card? i didnt get any info on concessions, where do we go to apply for it? i want one too!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The one on your card is for state transit ie, buses, trains and ferries. The paper one is for private buses.

This is the first time that I have heard that your not entitled to concession if your working. I thought that all students that do uni full time are entitled to a concession?

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
hmm but i dont see anything on my card i didnt apply for anything coz nobody directed me to it on aas i was thinking about going to the student c to find out how i get one but do you guys know where i have to go?

dave_119

Banned
HSC
IP_freely said:
my concession is like on printed onto my id card if u no wat i mean? ie i cant remove it
isnt ur card like that dave?
i hav 2 get my id card 2mrw at orientation

they'll let me do that right?? they wont kick me off campus for no id!!!

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
dave_119 said:
how crazy is the state gov becoming... now students who r employed r not entitled to concession cards for public transport.... i was gunna apply but i am not allowed a card, i rang the the state transit office and got told by some snobby lil bitch that i was un able because i was employed, how else do students @ uni suppose to put the themselves thru their schooling!!!! i jst asked if employent meant full time, and the bitch replied, if it meant full time, it would have said so.....

has anyone applied for one and has a job??? cause im thinking of applying anyway

The system is you are NOT entitled to concession if, among other things:

-You are part time student
-You are a night student
-You work full time

And don't listen to the 131 500 people, I rang them and they said I was not entitled to one nor could I use my existing concession, the bastards lied and I ended up paying over the holidays about $50 more all up than i should have. Just confirm your concession with the university and cityrail staff when purchasing like I did. If a transit officer disagrees, tell him that a City Rail staff member misrepresented the law and any infringement notice you recieve will be quashed in court (hopefullY, but I would say so)

candi_licious

meh im a part-time worker, and there was no way i was going to tell them that i was working coz i didnt want to miss out on my concession pass, but hey im the one that is still passing as a skool student and travelling on childrens prices hehehe...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well until the end of march you can use your concession card and be classed as a concession. But when this finishes, be sure to buy a student ticket, otherwise the ticket inspectors will have a field day.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I told the guy who was giving me my student card that I was employed

and he was like "I HEARD NOTHING!!!"

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd swear that everyone who studied full time at uni was entitled to a student discount. I'll ask my dad tomorrow, he'd know, he works for the ferries. When I find out if its true or not, i'll post it up.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
not like full time uni-students work all the time, do they!!!

candi_licious

Cape said:
I'd swear that everyone who studied full time at uni was entitled to a student discount. I'll ask my dad tomorrow, he'd know, he works for the ferries. When I find out if its true or not, i'll post it up.
thanks cape, but even if the authorities confront me bout my student concession..ill just deny deny deny..i swear i dont work!!!!!!

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
It's only if you work full time as far as I know, when I got my id card, the chick asked me if I wanted the concession on it, I said yeah, she didnt even bother askin if I worked

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Confused *roll eyes*. On my student ID card has a cityrail emblem on it. No one requested me if i wanted the concession on it. Does this mean he/she check on my enrolment form that says i'm a full time student, therefore eligible for concession card?

I thought we are supposed to fill a form on paper separately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)