Stuck!!!!! Enrolling!!!! (1 Viewer)

William kamel

HSC
HI I'm stuck on the Enrollment basket step of enrolling. How many course could I add and does any1 have an instructions pdf I could look on. Thanks guys :), I mean aresn't some course compulsary, if so y do we still have the choice of picking what to do.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
HI I'm stuck on the Enrollment basket step of enrolling. How many course could I add and does any1 have an instructions pdf I could look on. Thanks guys :), I mean aresn't some course compulsary, if so y do we still have the choice of picking what to do.
It would help if YOU ACTUALLY TOLD US WHAT DEGREE YOU'RE DOING.

William kamel

HSC
Then yes - you have the right courses.

It looks like you have most of your degree nicely set out for you :)
I'm kinda confused, if the courses r compulsary then what is the course/catalogue search engine for?

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm kinda confused, if the courses r compulsary then what is the course/catalogue search engine for?
Because in university you are expected to take control of your own studies, and not to be spoon-fed everything. Also, you are not automatically enrolled in classes because many of them have different times that you can choose between. See Class Search by Teaching Period

As it states in your course, UNSW Handbook Program - Construction Mngt & Property - 3331, your first year is fixed. Hence, to enrol for first semester, simply type in the codes given in Semester 1 on the handbook (i.e. BENV1181, BLDG1121, BLDG1211, BLDG160 for you) at myUNSW, and that will allow you to choose what times your classes will be.

You will also notice that from Year 2 you can choose electives from the pool of electives near the bottom of the page. But since your first year is fixed, you don't need to worry about that now (although you should be planning ahead).

William kamel

HSC
Because in university you are expected to take control of your own studies, and not to be spoon-fed everything. Also, you are not automatically enrolled in classes because many of them have different times that you can choose between. See Class Search by Teaching Period

As it states in your course, UNSW Handbook Program - Construction Mngt & Property - 3331, your first year is fixed. Hence, to enrol for first semester, simply type in the codes given in Semester 1 on the handbook (i.e. BENV1181, BLDG1121, BLDG1211, BLDG160 for you) at myUNSW, and that will allow you to choose what times your classes will be.

You will also notice that from Year 2 you can choose electives from the pool of electives near the bottom of the page. But since your first year is fixed, you don't need to worry about that now (although you should be planning ahead).
thanks man, now i totally understand cheers :)

Last edited:

Jcc Lin

HSC
sorry, just use yours to ask a question, you know at the personal details, it says" Do you expect to complete your entire program in Session 1?" what does this mean, r we suppose to tick yes or no?

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
sorry, just use yours to ask a question, you know at the personal details, it says" Do you expect to complete your entire program in Session 1?" what does this mean, r we suppose to tick yes or no?
I believe it just asks if you expect to graduate after one semester, although I am not sure. I chose no for that question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)