Stuck between Tourism and Marketing (1 Viewer)

purpleprincess

HSC
Is there any courses that combine the both? I've been looking at the Bachelor of Commerce in Services Marketing though Im not too confident for that. Anyone know any other courses that is a mixture of the both and the approximate UAIs for it?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Well marketing is better. In tourism there aint much jobs avaliable and little pay. I know it depends on interest but you have to think about the future and is it worth it. But ye as said double major would be good with tourism, keep it as back up.

alfonso22

HSC
my older sister started off in tourism...did it for a year and then dropped out of uni altogether...

then after a year off she went to TAFE and did human resources and marketing.,,.,

she now earns top money at an austrian based company in chatswood and doesnt even have a university degree but has plenty of experience and knowledge in the business..

she gets to travel overseas and loves her job..

if i were you go for the marketing...tourism as said has little jobs and also little pay..

blOwfish

HSC
biggie walls said:
B Business at UTS with a double major of Tourism and Marketing...
Biggie Walls is correct. UTS is the only sydney university that offers a Tourism/Sport Management/Lesiure Major, so it would be a good choice to do that major combined with a Marketing Major. Also if you choose the Marketing Major you complete a subject called "Marketing of Services" which im doing next year, so I think you'll be happy with that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)