Structuring KL Essay (1 Viewer)

passion89

HSC
How would you go about structuring an essay on KL? Would you create paragraphs based on themes, readings or productions? I'm a bit stuck on how to integrate KL.

How do you do it?

If anyone has any tips, please pass them on!!

Last edited:

Royalist

HSC
I would suggest for this, it really depends on the question. You will find that in the HSC, the Board of Studies now focuses there attention further from productions, and more so on the text.

I wouldn't recommend falling into the trap of just writing essays about productions, because your teachers and especially the Board of Studies are going to be look at how you critique and analyse the text.

As for structure, base it around the question, and what it asks for.

Tim035

HSC
I've got a really good sheet our teacher conveniently only gave to use in the last week of school. I can't really be botherd unearthing just now, but I havn't come unstuck since no matter what the question when writing KL essays, basically it goes:

Intro(U probley know what needs to be included here).

Reception: -How was the play orginally received in the Jacobean era
- How has the reception of the play been shaped since, support this by refering to atleast two other significant productions and there perspective on the play/social context.

Your own interpretation: - What key scenes support your intepretation
- What significant themes/ issues are you going to discuss in your personal interpretation.
- What quotes/langauge/ dramatic concerns can you link to this interpretation.

A second interpretation (psychological, marxist, feminst etc):
- How would this interpreation differ in its emphasis on the scenes focused on in ur personal interpretation.
- What significant themes and issues would this interpreation see in the play.
- What quotes/language/ dramatic elements link and support this interpretation of the play.

Conclusion (also preety straight forward and needs to be related to the question).

And remember TEXTUAL INTEGRITY!!

wicked_65

HSC
and what exactly is textual integrity?? could someone please tell me??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)