Structure of the mini essay?? (1 Viewer)

s-tressed

HSC
Here are my questions relating to the mini essay in section 1, paper 1.

- How do you structure the mini essay when you are asked for two texts?
- How many quotes/techniques would I need per text in each paragraph?
- How many words/pages should I be aiming for?

Thank you :)

s-tressed

HSC
Okay, so from that structure, how would you include your ideas?

For example.. If we were to talk about two ideas... would you talk about two in text one and then the same two in text two? Or would you talk about one idea in text one and another in text two?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, so from that structure, how would you include your ideas?

For example.. If we were to talk about two ideas... would you talk about two in text one and then the same two in text two? Or would you talk about one idea in text one and another in text two?
Latter option is better, but it really depends on the question, if the question asks you to compare, then you have to highlight a similar and different idea explored in both texts, if the question asks you to contrast the test, then highlighting only different ideas is required. In general, the best short answers-particularly the last one, includes ideas on belonging and NOT belonging where applicable. You need to pay very close attention to the question, underline/deconstruct the key words, and make sure you answer nothing but the given question, hence there really isn't a definitive page number or techniques, because the most important priority is to ANSWER the question. Remember-QUALITY IS OVER QUANTITY-ALWAYS:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)