Structural artists (1 Viewer)

miffytoki

HSC
whose a good structural artist to talk about (not including Modrian or the Cubists) ?

cuivienen

HSC
I usually like to talk about artists from the Dadaist or Surrealist movement...or even Baroque art is great to talk about in conjunction with the frames...Gives you cultural and structural elements to discuss...

miffytoki

HSC
ic..i usually have a diff set of structural artists that i only use for structural type questions(mondrian, picasso, Lichtenstein), then another set of subjective artists that i only use for subjective (Duchamp, Munch, Goya)...

cuivienen

HSC
Cool :) I keep forgetting the Pop Art movement *note to self* I'm sort of getting into the Renaissance movement when it comes to structural for some reason...all those pretty oil paintings...

miffytoki

HSC
haha i try and stay clear from renaissance...i get them confused with boroque (however u spell it)....are u memorising essay?

cuivienen

HSC
I have a few essays where I got full marks...So I'll definitely memorise most of the stuff in those...

Two of my case Studies for the year involved Baroque art, so I'll probably use that somehow...I kind of have no choice...What sort of case studies did you concentrate on in the year?

miffytoki

HSC
i got 25/25 for an essay i wrote based on 5 artists, mondrian, picasso, pop art (lichtenstein), dada (duchamp), and surrealism (rene regritte) ...

but my teachers said i should just concentrate on 3 artists...so ever since i've just been focusing on mondrian (composition with red yellow and blue), picasso (the guitar) and Lichtenstein (hot dog and In the car)...been using them for essays all year..... i love talking through the structural and subjective frame...but i tend to focus on structural cos i've done the most assessments with those case studies........i hate postmodern and i don't like conceptual framework.

for HSC tho i wanna memorise two essays cos i always pick a frames question, and they can only ask 3 questions in that sections...so they'll always be a frame question left out...

Last edited:

cuivienen

HSC
I always choose frames questions as well...they allow a wider scope of discussion in my interpretation...

And yeah, I like to stick to several artists i'm comfortable with, although I always try to compare and contrast some artists in the same movement...So if I were to concentrate on Pop Art for example, I'd compare some of the styles that artist Claes Oldenburg and Andy Warhol use...and so on and so forth for whichever movement they are in...

I also hear that using Curators comments with your answer along with arty jargon will help sophistocate your answer ;) *twiddles fingers*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)