strife... (1 Viewer)

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
is any1 in the strife i am in cus of IT...i wasnt sure if IT was the ting for me so i didnt do the workplacement in yr11....i had 13 units then so i was relectunt on whether to drop it or not....and now in yr12 i got a deadly warning frm the IT teacher that my hsc vl be cancelled if i dont get the workplacement done within a few weeks...:S....

* i was shittin my self and i vl still b unless i get the workplacement done* :(

HSC
Do it then ? You're lucky she hasn't failed you for year 11, If you wanted to drop IT after year 11 you had to do the work placement.
Don't worry about missing out work, just approach all your teachers, get next weeks work piled up, do it after work placement, also if you want a good place to do it, do it at a local high school (ie. I did it at a local yr7-10 high school), you'll find they are the best overall;
- more work
- more chance you'll get the job
- leniant
- local :D
- you're working with an IT teacher who teaches for a living, not a maniac business owner who's life revolves around launching off his SME computer shop

I did my 35 hours in term 4, then the next 35 hours in week 10 term 1 (our term's 11 week for term 1)

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
Casmira said:
Do it then ? You're lucky she hasn't failed you for year 11, If you wanted to drop IT after year 11 you had to do the work placement.
Don't worry about missing out work, just approach all your teachers, get next weeks work piled up, do it after work placement, also if you want a good place to do it, do it at a local high school (ie. I did it at a local yr7-10 high school), you'll find they are the best overall;
- more work
- more chance you'll get the job
- leniant
- local :D
- you're working with an IT teacher who teaches for a living, not a maniac business owner who's life revolves around launching off his SME computer shop

I did my 35 hours in term 4, then the next 35 hours in week 10 term 1 (our term's 11 week for term 1)
c thats the problem...i found 3 places and they turned me down cus of previous bad experiences, i couldnt get into 2 schools cus the teacher says i shouldnt work in schools or any other educational institutes ( libraries.. etc) as it relates to YR12 work experience, i found another one in a real estate and again he is tellin me to find another one cus he tinks that i wont get my hours done and if i do get em done, he tinks all i vl be doing there is sitting there entering data which i wont be.....

can the teachers do this..sum on really...

HSC
they're very leniant on you as far as i know, previous bad experiences?! the high school i worked at wrote me up a referral, plus he recommended me to go to certain shops if i wanted a job their (they wanted people), you should try find a school that doesn't know you if you got a dodgy reputation
but try to research how to do certain things, i had ended up fixing 3/4 of the computers at 1000 kid school, (yr7-10), you need to start doing impressive shit to flaunt once you have a hsc AND a tafe certificate, one of the teachers approached me to make a history website theyre offering me money, maybe even a laptop (depends if the school can get one from rollover)

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
ur lucky u could work in schools for ur work placement....v r not allowed to do that....

have u guys done the yr12 workplacement..?

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I remember my workplacements ... so ... ... boring.

Local newspaper where I could have told the advertiser more about PS than he could me. I was supposed to do the second one at Sydney uni and a week before my teacher substituted me with someone who was having a hissy fit about going to a data entry place. In retrospect I wouldn't have stood for it, but there I was in a stifling hot data entry place in Surrey Hills. Heed my advice, if 'data entry' and 'workplacement' are used together in a single notion, that is your queue to leave!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)