strictly ballroom (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

hey! does anyone know any god additional text to use to link with strictlyball room??

and explain why? please! please

C

CaR

ermm...i dont know what you've seen...
but a popular pick by other students in my school was ms congeniality.
the transformations of fran and sandra bullock run parallel (the idea of the fairytale element. ugly duckling into an elegant swan)

if you want something that's more sophisticated, you can try using the text, girl with a pearl earring

apparently, there's the novel and the film version of the story..but if i were you, i would go with the novel =)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Originally posted by CaR
ermm...i dont know what you've seen...
but a popular pick by other students in my school was ms congeniality.
the transformations of fran and sandra bullock run parallel (the idea of the fairytale element. ugly duckling into an elegant swan)

i don't think picking another film would be a good idea since strictly ballroom is already a film.
You should use related material that not many people have to show the marker you are "different" from the rest of them.

C

CaR

i partially agree with you...mushroom head.

yes...picking another film may not be appropriate but since this module is on "image," films are an exception.

darkit

uumm dirty dancing!!its got a similar theme to strictly ballroom try using that.

C

CaR

There's a program on ABC called Strictly Dancing, but I don't think you'd want to use that since alot of teachers from different schools recommend it to their students

Tarin~~~

i like the idea of ms. congeniality that was a great movie, im sure the teachers wont have to much of a problem with it even though it is also a film. i see how the images are kinid of the same with strictly ballroom

BabySilver

HSC
i can only assume that this is too late what with being after the trials, but if you are wanting more ideas.. Footloose, Opening Ceremony sydn 2000 olympics the cauldron segment , the poem Generations by Amy Lowell, Breaveheart, Novel the Wave by morton rhue (this is a great book from memory, i read it as a given text in grade 9 or 10 and really loved it), Offpsring song All i want, Yothu Yindi song treaty.

theese are taken from the excel study guide from strictly ballroom so don't ask me to relate them, i used dirty dancing as it's one of my all time fave movies.

Dagz87

HSC
mushroom_head said:
try using paintings as they present u with a visual image which always has a deeper meaning the artist wants to convey.

Wat sort of Paintings would be best? and Did you use a painting? if so wat did you use???

Thanks ...*Dagz*...

Pace_T

HSC
i am using a newspaper article image
basically i would choose anything that uses image to convey meaning

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Dagz87 said:
Wat sort of Paintings would be best? and Did you use a painting? if so wat did you use???

Thanks ...*Dagz*...
I used "the broken column" by Frida Khalo last year. This was a very effective piece of related material, even though it does not directly run parallel with the ideas in strictly ballroom. It was able to express the composer's strong inner feelings through an image, creating for the reader an "experience through language" ie experience what the artist herself has been through. So i was able to link the two texts using this idea.

Just remember, you do not need texts that are related to the film plot-wise to score high marks. It is often better to find different and less obvious ways to link your 2 texts, as this would show the marker that you are "thinking beyond the square"

katebez

additional texts for strictly ballroom can be cathy freeman with the olympic torch, talk about multicultualism and primary colours used in the photo!

**Dramateeq**

HSC
im writting my strictly ballroom essay for module.a trials ar next week, ive got a good thorough essay but i need help with a second related text because one isn't enough. The one i have now is a picture from newspaper, so icant really use another pic...

vg_woz_here

HSC
i used a newspaper pic for my trials in the mod A. u can also use picture books such as cinderella, movie ads posters, magazine ads etc etc

clairejw

HSC
I'm using the poem 'Dulce Et Decorum Est' by Wilfred Owen. Strong use of imagery. it's a good poem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)