Stressing out about marks someone help please seriously (1 Viewer)

georgia177

HSC
Could someone please clarify if community and family studies scales poorly.

I was mucking around with an atar calculator and I know its not 100% accurate I made every subject 87%

I currently am doing Year 11 Prem : English Advance, English Extension, Biology, Legal Studies, General Maths, Community and Family Studies and Hospitality (TVET).

If I put every subject at 87% minus not hospitality I would only get 72.80! I was very shocked and stressed out.

Now if I simple replaced cafs with hospitality I would get 74?

This just doesn’t seem right that an average high band 5 mark would be such a lower atar.

I keep also getting wide various marks for cafs and hospitality but with hospitality always giving a higher mark.

So do I drop cafs and do hospitality.

Someone help I want to get into law and need an atar between 85-90+

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Just try your best and you'll get the marks you deserve. I think it's average. It all depends on your cohort e.g. If you go really well with the rest of the class your mark goes up whereas; if they go bad they bring it down. Think about which is more relevant to what you want to do and what you enjoy more. Cert II for hospitality is a bonus! If you need any assistance with CAFS, let me know. I am ranked first at the moment and sitting on a mark of around 98 - saying that it's my favourite subject. Good luck! :)

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Its just about how many band 5 and band 6s you hit. They change every due to the number of people doing the course every year, so dont stress too much because if you have the motivation, you'll definitely improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)