Strength training for women? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
I've been on my current exercise program for ~2-3 months, I've been contemplating changing things up by doing strength training (pyramid training for legs, ab super sets would stay the same but i need more back and arm exercises... I'd have to do split training, obvs) but i'm not sure if this would be the most beneficial for me. Any suggestions?

My current program is: (trying to achieve tone)

10 minutes bike >110rpm
10 minutes cross trainer >15km/h
Ab super set: (3 times)
- 1 minute hover
- 30 russian twists
- 20 crunches with 2kg medicine ball
- Sometimes 20 ankle taps depending on how fatigued i am
5 minutes rower
Leg press 3 sets of 20-25 reps 60kg
10 minutes stepper level 15 on 'hill'
5 minutes on this really hard mix between cross trainer and stepper >7km/h

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
-load/unload dishwasher
-hang up clothes
-iron clothes
-scrub bathroom

what else do you need to do?

amirite

HSC
Need pics for better evaluation...

Firstly there is no such thing as tone. You either have muscle mass or you dont. Definition/tone will come with a proper diet. You have to eat properly, it doesnt matter how much work you do in the gym if youre not eating right.

Your aim should be to gain strength. You probably dont need a full 5 day split like some people have but instead something like: Workout A: arms/shoulders/chest/abs (upper body not including back) on one day and then Workout B: back/glutes/legs on another day.

Workout A:
Barbell Curls 3x10
DB shoulder press 3x8
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
DB Bench press 3x8
Weighted Crunches 3x15

Workout B:
Leg curl 3x10
BB back Squat 3x10
Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x8
Standing Calf raise machine 4x15
DB lunges 3x12

A week would look like this:
M - Workout A
T - Cardio or rest
W - Workout B
T - Workout A
F - Cardio or Rest
Sa - Workout B
S - Rest
Repeat.

If 4-5 days is too much you can aim to get in maybe 3 days a week, doing your cardio at the END(!) of your weights sessions.

kfnmpah

HSC
Need pics for better evaluation...

Firstly there is no such thing as tone. You either have muscle mass or you dont. Definition/tone will come with a proper diet. You have to eat properly, it doesnt matter how much work you do in the gym if youre not eating right.

Your aim should be to gain strength. You probably dont need a full 5 day split like some people have but instead something like: Workout A: arms/shoulders/chest/abs (upper body not including back) on one day and then Workout B: back/glutes/legs on another day.

Workout A:
Barbell Curls 3x10
DB shoulder press 3x8
Tricep Pushdowns 3x10
DB Bench press 3x8
Weighted Crunches 3x15

Workout B:
Leg curl 3x10
BB back Squat 3x10
Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x8
Standing Calf raise machine 4x15
DB lunges 3x12

A week would look like this:
M - Workout A
T - Cardio or rest
W - Workout B
T - Workout A
F - Cardio or Rest
Sa - Workout B
S - Rest
Repeat.

If 4-5 days is too much you can aim to get in maybe 3 days a week, doing your cardio at the END(!) of your weights sessions.
thank youuuu.
I do have quite a bit of muscle mass, i'm 168cm, 57kg and have like 8kg of body fat, but i'm trying to get it down to a single digit %wise. And i know more than 50% of it has to do with food, I've just plateaued lately and it's cos of my gym regime. aaaaaaaaanywho, thanks.

HalcyonSky

HSC
alot of your sets are in the 8-12 rep range, which targets muscle hypertrophy, and some even 15+ which targets endurance

if you want to focus primarily on strength choose weights that you can do ~5 reps with and no more

what exactly are your goals?

also do you go to the forum gym?

Last edited:

Lydia_88

HSC
I've been on my current exercise program for ~2-3 months, I've been contemplating changing things up by doing strength training (pyramid training for legs, ab super sets would stay the same but i need more back and arm exercises... I'd have to do split training, obvs) but i'm not sure if this would be the most beneficial for me. Any suggestions?

My current program is: (trying to achieve tone)

10 minutes bike >110rpm
10 minutes cross trainer >15km/h
Ab super set: (3 times)
- 1 minute hover
- 30 russian twists
- 20 crunches with 2kg medicine ball
- Sometimes 20 ankle taps depending on how fatigued i am
5 minutes rower
Leg press 3 sets of 20-25 reps 60kg
10 minutes stepper level 15 on 'hill'
5 minutes on this really hard mix between cross trainer and stepper >7km/h
I highly recommend BODYPUMP for tone, if you aren't feeling the benefits of your current program, as bodypump shapes and tones your body (provided that you use adequate weight)

HalcyonSky

HSC
I highly recommend BODYPUMP for tone, if you aren't feeling the benefits of your current program, as bodypump shapes and tones your body (provided that you use adequate weight)
fucking lol bodybump is a joke that makes money off of idiots who have no idea how the human body works

theres no such thing as 'muscle toning'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)