strange thing i discovered (1 Viewer)

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
ok just a weird notion i discovered that happens to me everytime and plz dont think im weird
like every time before exams or after exams, if i say or think that il do fine in the exams il always endup with crap marks. in other words, whenever i get confident about a sub/topic i end up failing it (not really failing just low marks)
BUT
i think this is sorta true for everyone, good marks come wen u least expect it? the more you think about how you mightv failed that subject, the least likely you will..?! am i making sense? so then now im paranoid whenever my parents say il do ok or well in the exams il tell them to not say that cuz i feel like its gona jinx me and the opposite thing will happen lol >_>

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
In personal preference my subjects are (from best too worse):

Calculus
Economics
Chemistry
Applicable Maths
Physics
English

Now In Grades (from best to worse):

Applicable Maths
English
Physics
Calculus
Chemistry
Economics

I hate it :mad:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yes, just happened this week.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Nope, don't believe in that at all. I pretty much always know the range of my assessment marks because I know what the question wanted and what I gave.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Rhanoct said:
Nope, don't believe in that at all. I pretty much always know the range of my assessment marks because I know what the question wanted and what I gave.
i agree, when im answering a question, i pretty much know whether im right/wrong/how many marks out of x i will get

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
When i say i fucked up an exam, it's normally not that bad.

but when i say i raped an exam, lowest mark is80% which is still pretty bad for a "raping". haha.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i dont seem to have this problem, but you can probably overcome it by not blabbing about how you went until you get your results.

its all in ur head, i dont think ur getting jinxed.

HSC
My last maths and physics assessments I thought I blew out of the water (confidence that was rare for me). I ended up getting around 80-85% due almost entirely to silly mistakes. I'm still happy because those are good marks imo but it's obvious overconfidence is a bad thing.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
know what you mean, for some subjects my judgement is WAY off.
case in point: bio, thought i would get 65 - 70 and i ended up getter 46% or something for prelim exam

then our first HSC assessment, the prac with enzymes, i thought i screwed up majorly cos i added rennin to the control and wrote the whole thing up wrong and i got 87% for it.

had another bio ass. today so bio is on the mind.
reluctant to think i did okay..

michael1990

HSC
I can only tell if i did really bad or really good in a test.​

Questions, i can't tell how many marks i will get for that.
I wish i could lol
I would know whether to add more or not.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
That always happens in english. Whenever I think I did well I do crap and vice versa. I knew that pessimism was around for a reason

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Aim low so youll always be pleasantly suprised when you get a good mark :)

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
Omium said:
Aim low so youll always be pleasantly suprised when you get a good mark :)
haha agreed in other words
never say you did good
good thing im not the only one that feels that way =O

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
No...
What I think is that:
its about what you are thinking in the exam...if you are very confident, the more likely you will miss out on the trick questions or do mistakes. The best thing to do is, be humble, and go with your guts. As usual your guts doesn't have a confident answer, but it sure usually does have the right answer.
Before the exam: Know you don't know everything, and there is things you don't know. But relax and tell yourself you will try your best.

This is all made up, so you don't have to believe and follow. It is just a random opinion from me :p

BTW shouldn't it be the other way around? Aim High and get marks you desired in the first place? I think its reasonable to try to get the marks you want, but don't get overconfident.

lordo

HSC
when you are nervous (i.e. when you think you'll do bad) you block your memory and make things harder for yourself. when you are confident in what you know you can answer the questions in full assurance. when you nervously guess, subconciously your memory is feeding you the answer you've forgotten because you are nervous, which is when you have a 'gut feeling.' if you're confident but still come across a question you have to guess, chances are you'll get it wrong. my advice is just make sure you know the material as well as possible and be totally confident when you go in and ready for a challenge =) thats what i did for math HSC

uberturtle

HSC
Just study.
and read the question properly.

Don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself by thinking you're going to fail. you your thinking space to do the questions :)
It's not the end of your life if you fail an exam, unless you go and suicide or something.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
lordo said:
when you are nervous (i.e. when you think you'll do bad) you block your memory and make things harder for yourself. when you are confident in what you know you can answer the questions in full assurance. when you nervously guess, subconciously your memory is feeding you the answer you've forgotten because you are nervous, which is when you have a 'gut feeling.' if you're confident but still come across a question you have to guess, chances are you'll get it wrong. my advice is just make sure you know the material as well as possible and be totally confident when you go in and ready for a challenge =) thats what i did for math HSC
hm thats true cuz you know how everytime you first enter the exam room the 1st five min is panicky to me, i tend to be reali nervous and i cant think straight so i usually leave the ques and come bak later wen my mind settles
i had like a 5min blank out in my adv eng task that was scary, i forgot all my points and i was thinkin "wtf am i doin" but then it gradualy got betta halfway thru

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)