Story Board Confusion. (1 Viewer)

chris42

HSC
Yeah that looks pretty good. It depends what sort of storyboard your doing, which affects the structure. For example there is hierachal and linear. Yours was a hieracal.
Which was like
Step 1
|
Step 2 - Step 3

But you can get linear which works like step 1 - step 2 - step 3

-X-

HSC
N/A
Well, for example questions 22 c i in HSC 2002 says to construct a story board, but im not sure what type they want? Heirarchial or the first one? etc...

Winston

HSC
NO DETAIL

the most detail u would have would be showing a button and a text for it

your aim is to show the flow in the screens, and it helps to show consistency, for example if u had a wizard screen showing the consistency of button layout...

for hierarchical storyboard wat i would of done is

like the firs tone would of been my main program then broken down into the other dialogs etc...

-X-

HSC
N/A
Ok so i can design the actual UI for all the different screens and show the flow?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Ok so i can design the actual UI for all the different screens and show the flow?

ummm no details in the actualy boxes

just the core components of each screen

for example

a wizard dialog, your most important thing would be i'd say

the back and next buttons which should be linked to the next dialog of the wizard

for details of the actualy screens go into the "Screen Designs"

-X-

HSC
N/A
Thank i got it now was mixing it with screen designs.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Well, for example questions 22 c i in HSC 2002 says to construct a story board, but im not sure what type they want? Heirarchial or the first one? etc...
You're supposed to choose yourself. For that question I am guessing off the top of my head its the train one? Well if it is, then you'd obviously choose a linear storyboard as you wouldn't want the user to go directly to the thankyou page if they haven't bought a ticket as the possibility in a non-linear/dynamic story board.

For say a webpage, you'd use hierarchical or a non-linear/dynamic. The question did not specify because you had to chose.

-X-

HSC
N/A
savestheday, i knew that. But i was just confused with storyboard and screendesigns. I thought they were both the same thing (both storyboard). So i didn't know which to use. :)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
so just to clarify here....sotryboards only involve the name of the screen. eg a box with "edit screen" is enough?

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
savestheday, i knew that. But i was just confused with storyboard and screendesigns. I thought they were both the same thing (both storyboard). So i didn't know which to use. :)
Sorry -X-.. my bad. Shoulda read your post properly. Sorry my fault :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)