Stocktake (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Our stocktake was on sunday to wednesday (today) at Myer.
It was bad.
I was rostered 10 to finish sunday, we didn't leave till 1.
5-finish monday, left at 10.30.
10.30 to finish tuesday, left at 11.
and they called me today to ask me to come in and scan, but i was in the city so i couldn't.
PLUS, whose STUPID idea was it to have the auditors in during scan count. It meant that we weren;t allowed to talk at all and it was so entirely boring, beep, beep, beep... you get the point.
Clothes wasn't too bad, cooks wasn't too bad, shoes was easy as cos their reserve was soooo tidy, manchester sucked, accessories sucked. tabletop.... omg.... i think if i ever have to go to that part of the store again i'll have a heart attack. I got stuck with THE worst aisle, with all the individual maxwell and williams stuff. so i had anywhere between 40 and 130 plates/cups/mugs/saucers/bowls etc. on each shelf to take down and individually scan. That was ridiculous!!!!

ok, that was my rant. I hate auditors! and i think next time they hand out the sheet for availability for scan count, i'll write down unavailable for every day.
yes. ok now. bye.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i didnt need to do stocktake at my work. a couple of my other mates got asked into it, but they have ambitions of moving out of warehouse and into sales.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
tomorrows_angel said:
Our stocktake was on sunday to wednesday (today) at Myer.
Whoa!!!

We're doing ours in one night!!!!

We're taking EVERY SINGLE employee we can and even hiring people just for that one night!

It's going to be fun, I'll just be handing out orders.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
biggles04 said:
Whoa!!!

We're doing ours in one night!!!!

We're taking EVERY SINGLE employee we can and even hiring people just for that one night!

It's going to be fun, I'll just be handing out orders.
those 4 days, anyone doing scan count started at 10.30. We did all the reserves during the day, and after 5.30, when the store closed, we did all the floor stock. It took aaages... and there were heaps of people working! we NEVER would have gotten it finished in one night, even with hundreds of staff members.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Is anyone here from Coonobarabran??? (Apologies for wrong spelling)

If so, YOU STOLE OUR MAX'S!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT THEM BACK

It's frigging annoying trying to manager a department without a max unit. There's only 2 left in our store this week and that's between every single person who wants one.
TWO

Sabbo

HSC
Carlito said:
What's a max unit?
I take a guess and say it's those hand-held scanners which you scan barcodes with. Used in stocktake for counting stock.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hurstville myer is doing stocktake in march sometime
they wanted me to STO for 4 days
and im thinking jeez im just a christmas casual who might get fired at the end of jan why are you planning all this shit for me

Carlito

HSC
Sabbo said:
I take a guess and say it's those hand-held scanners which you scan barcodes with. Used in stocktake for counting stock.
oh we call them something different then

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I did stocktake two weeks ago, 6 days in a row. 2-11pm, 9-6pm, 8-5pm then 6am-3pm for three days. I don't really mind it.. the money I get afterwards is worth the monotonous scanning routine and the early starts.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
omg stocktake is sooo mindless, seriously its requires no skill or thought whatsoever which makes it incredibly fustrating. Good thing bout it though is that the time goes really fast which is nice.

We just go ours done by Wednesday nite, reports are all done and we aren't too bad loss wise. Thank god its over, another 6 months to trash the stockroom hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)