stock market correction (1 Viewer)

mohamed100

HSC
pete_mate said:
Some people in industry view junior minerals explorers in the same light as the IT startups of the tech-boom. I'd be wary with these small companies.

I'm more a fan of explorer/producers, because they have a proven track record and have an income stream its not pure speculation.

PNA comes to mind, i was so close to buying at $.60 now at .80, 33%. but hell, BHP's done that over the same 1 month period.

With this GBG its declined, with greater risk... where's the logic?
i sold out of GBG for $1.70, made about 10%. planning on re-entry. currently holding no stock at all, apart from some old telstra shares. waiting for the market to get whacked again like it did on Aug 17. that was a damn good buying opportunity. BHP hit a low of $29. should have bought up. it will still hit $50 by the end of the year. but i want to go all out on GBG, at the right time.

the reason GBG is dropping is because part of the merger deal, people holding SDL shares will get 1 GBG share for every two of their SDL shares plus a 14% premium. thats reason the why GBG has dropped. the market will stay in a position where GBG = 2*SDL + a little bit. that explains the current SDL price of $0.75 and the GBG of $1.55.

From memory, Murchison is building some sort of rail network in WA to transport its minerals to the ports for shipping. Thats why there is so much hype, as onebytwo mentioned, about GWR, MIS, GBG and MGX since their all operating in the same area, and will have access to the network.

I read that both GBG and SDL are run by the same bloke, george jones.

I love it. Iron ore, the "red gold". Its appreciated more than gold in the last year.

By the way, look out for ADY.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Made a mistake with MBL and closed at high 77 on Monday. :eek:

BNB to keep on charging!

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
ADY has a lot of potential upside. The ore right now means nothing to them.... people are obviously waiting on the lithium, yet look at the reaction to the ore. I'm no expert but at least we know for sure that any company able to at least pull off a scoping study is worth more than it is now.

MMX is building rails but that's because it sold half its frigging business to Mitsubishi in exchange for the capital injection. Again, no expert on what's fair value but gee, half one's business sure sounds a lot.

GBG... like I said. What are they bringing to the table? It should be SDL shares that are dropping. In any case, both are on the rise.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
redruM said:
Made a mistake with MBL and closed at high 77 on Monday. :eek:

BNB to keep on charging!
Don't worry my friend bought BNB at 33 and he's still around hahahahahaha.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
pete_mate said:
Some people in industry view junior minerals explorers in the same light as the IT startups of the tech-boom. I'd be wary with these small companies.

I'm more a fan of explorer/producers, because they have a proven track record and have an income stream its not pure speculation.

PNA comes to mind, i was so close to buying at $.60 now at .80, 33%. but hell, BHP's done that over the same 1 month period.

With this GBG its declined, with greater risk... where's the logic?
Sure but BHP took a long time to achieve that 33% rise. It stalled at 28-30 for so long I that I lost count, after it peaked at 31. This was I think early 2006 (bad memory)

Is BHP going to peak at 45 now and stall there for 7 or 8 months?

On the other hand, when PNA really got moving, it took only 5 or 6 months to nearly triple in value.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
lol that'd had been just a short time before the market crashed (corrected)...i was dying to buy them at 18.xx!!!! but no money. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)