sTIMULUS+CONSUMERISM (1 Viewer)

Sacred_Soul

hey guys
okay i just wanted to ask a question...

in relation to consumerism for all those doing it, do u have to know all poems very well...or can u just study the 2 or 3 u are going to talk about in the essay....how many are u supposed to discuss anway,.. is 2 enough?

and do they ever specifically tell u which one they want u talking about...(dont think so , am i right? :confused: )

same for stimulus do they ever tell u which one to include in ur essay?

thanx heaps in advance for all those who could help...;)

up sh*t creek

we were told to know two or three in great detail but know all of them generally just incase the question asks about one specific text. They haven't asked for a specific text in a question since consumerism has been going but it 'may' happen!!

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
actually in my english trials their asked to used one poem and another of our own choosing..

so yup its IMPORTANT to know all..

and stimulus what you toking abt? you mean related texts or your refering to the changing booklet???

chris42

HSC
Yeah same, its important to know about all the poems, just incase you have a question that suits that particular poem.

Sacred_Soul

oh okay...thanks for that

yeah and in relation to the stimulus i was talking bout the "changing" booklet, do u think we have to know them all or just 2 or 3 ...

stylar

In my trial they asked specifically on 'Americanized', i say its best to know all of them but concentrate on 2 or 3.

For the changing booklet, they won't specify a particular one.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i reckon you should know all.. you neva know when they mite asked to use a specific one

^___^
HSC
for Bruce Dawn's type question, u would be advised to know them all..cos the range of questions they can ask u is very very broad...so if ur not prepared for one poem, that poem might actually contribute a lot to the question they might ask you...

bMaN oNe

HSC
Yeh our teacher told us we only need to know 2 of them really well, and we need to know all of them basically. :S One thing i noticed in the trial is i studied to the bone breakthrough and americanised, yet the question given asked for 2, but one of the poems I studied well (Americanized i think it was) didn't link to the question at all, so it made it really hard for me. Still got 9/15 for it tho...But make sure u know all of them pretty well, I know i'm going too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)