Stimulus Booklet (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Hey, few questions:
1. What texts from the stimulus booklet are imaginative journies?
2. What 3 texts go best with Lime-Tree Bower My Prison and Frost At Midnight

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
journey to the interior is great... i didnt do coleridge tho... and ivory trail as it emeplifies how the imaginative journey is the necessary vehicle for creating meaning for ambiguous stimuli. text book suggests blood on the tracks and journeys over land and sea for coleridge. depends on your thesis but i think JTTI and IT are better for imaginitive journeys

shouldnt you have figured this before now?

mouldy_bread

HSC
i really like JTI but since i'm stuck with coleridge, would it be wiser to use a different text-type ? * grumbles * i put so much work into JTI with the radiohead song There There, but then i realised that theyre all poetry.

tomcats 72

HSC
I'm doing LTBMP and FAM. Ivory Trail is good as an imaginative journey. The Road Not Taken is also good as the presona uses their imagination to predict the future and therefore make a choice which effects both their physical journey and their journey through life. The Wind In The Willows is also good as an imaginative journey as Toad has imagined the journey to be "Here today, up and of to somewhere else tomorrow" it is his imagination which inspires his excitement for the journey and his decision to undertake the physical journey.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Journey to the Interior, for the win.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the whole "variety of text types", my essay is so good they're going to have to give me 15, even though i've got poetry/poetry/lyrics.

tomcats 72

HSC
You MUST have a variety of texts if you wish to be marked well. Not only does chosing different texts help to show you understand the techniques of multiple text types but it is also part of the maring criteria at the top of the exam paper it will say:
In your answer you will be assesed on how well you:
demonstrate understanding of the concept of the journey in the context of your study
analyse, explain and asses the ways the journey is represented in a variety of texts!!!!
organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and context.

tomcats 72

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Doesn't say a variety of text types, though.
Well obviously you're pretty confident but I interpreted it to mean a variety of text types, otherwise what you say will sound rhetorical as you have already mentioned the same techniques before. Any way you're prob right. I'm not prepared at all, coming here and talking is the only thing that is stopping me from totally freaking out at the moment. So what are the texts you will be using in the exam?

mouldy_bread

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Journey to the Interior, for the win.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the whole "variety of text types", my essay is so good they're going to have to give me 15, even though i've got poetry/poetry/lyrics.
that would be reassuring if i had a smidge of your confidence.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Nah, I would advise anyone (if I were giving advice) to be safer and go for a non-poetry stimulus booklet text if they're doing Coleridge as their set text.

(it's just that I've only learned JttI and it's too late now)

mouldy_bread

HSC
i'm in the same situation though. JTTI is the only one i'm confident in and it works well with my radiohead song.

stupid compulsive coleridge * scowls *

drama_fag

HSC
colleridge? i would have given limbs for us to be studying colleridge over on giants shoulders.

its SO boring... its about scientists. their lives.... sure its packed with journeys... but its just so fucking boring! ah!

**vent**

maybe i should go learn my quotes now.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
drama_fag said:
colleridge? i would have given limbs for us to be studying colleridge over on giants shoulders.

its SO boring... its about scientists. their lives.... sure its packed with journeys... but its just so fucking boring! ah!

**vent**

maybe i should go learn my quotes now.
I'd swap with you... scientists are pretty interesting.

Anyway, to anyone stuck on poetry, just do the ivory trail, how hard could it be? Duh... bright colours... superimposition of images... imaginative journeys.

wyndchymz

HSC
Visual stimulus pieces tend to be quite good. It's easy to talk about vectors and contrast and imagery even if you haven't studied for it. No quotes to remember!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)