stimulus booklet (1 Viewer)

Rosh

hey
does anyone have any notes on the stimulus booklet to relate for changing self? my teacher went through it for one day and if anyone does id realli appreciate it! :)

Lozza_mc

hey mate,
i got notes but not for changing self....
sturts dreaming,sky high and the door are probably the best ones for you to focus on.
good luck!!!

Last edited:

Lozza_mc

yeah but at the moment my notes are a mess and i need to sort em out b4 my exam on monday....do you mind if i dont share till i got time to sort em out???
Originally posted by Morgues
Willing to share?

Lozza_mc

Originally posted by kannonboy
lozza, can I trade you some good lear notes for your stimulus stuff? ta :D
yeah post the lear notes and tell me where they r

Last edited:

.stressed.

to rosh (stimulus booklet for changing self)

hey there
okies here r the notes for the stimulus booklet
ok with sky high, the change there is that it deals with the physical changes a once energetic girl goes through. The persona has gone from a state of total control and freedom, to a stage where adult morale and societal expectations r tyin her to the ground. 'The line etched story of a life with wrinkles and scars that touch the sagging wires'. This conveys her physical description as an adult.
POwerful memories are etched into her mind, this is obvious as she remembers every minute detail about her childhood. The composer adapts the persona of an olderr person, looking back at her childhood. Her first poem narrative is written in a nostalgic tone and a personal tone. The writers expression is self expression, just like poetry.
the persona has fuelled changes in some aspects of society as she is part of the failacy that everyone in society goes by; adults are supposed to be very mature
ok now for text 2a and 2b
2a is a painting which shows lots of Aboriginals surrounded by one white europeaun. the aboriginals r dominant here and r seen to be living harmoniously with nature, they r untouched here, They r seen standing with live animals and r seen to be all touching each other, which symbolises the close bond between aboriginals.
the man in the centre holds a lot of significance, he is george robinson, and he promised the aboriginals that they would stay living harmoniously with nature.
in text 2b, it is a digital enhancement of text 2a.theres a picture of trugininis face with her finger pointing up at her face, as if saying to the europueans, 'look where your promise has gotten us', i.e. there is one aboriginal surrounded by the 'new' multicultural australia, and the aboriginals that R there r in the back of the photo and they look like they're fading out, and also that theres an iron gate between the aboriginals and the europeauns, which is to symbolise the barrier between white and black
also the animals r now extinct; but u know that the aboriginals r representative of tjhe land and the nature. because the animals r extinct, so r the animals, as animals r part of nature
obviously, the promise of robinson didnt go through, which left the aboriginals forced to adapt to a new multicultural country, where lots of traditions and beliefs were put in front of them, and they didnt understand any of it, which then made them loose sense of their cultural identity, and then resulted to drinking and getting into trouble.
then u have 'the door'. this is about embracing change. the composer uses persuasive techniques to urge the persona to go open the door. he uses a desperate way of achieving this. the composer is saying that if u dont invite change, yr life will always stay the same, which makes your life dull
anywayz
i hope this helps u
laterrz

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
u used it 5 times in ur post....

I meant that it was good mensioning persona in sky high to contrast her views creating a nostalgic tone, but it's not the main focus in all of your texts.
I dunno, i skimmed it, and it juz got repetitive with the word "persona". Unless that was your question? How is persona created in all your texts?

|MiKKi|

????????

kan any1 explain 2 me how sum1 kould write an essay 4 changing perspectives without linking the material thematically...
for eg what would u do if the question was all about language techniques????
im so confused
HELP PLZ....
by tha way im doing skrzynecki if any1 wants 2 b specific

Lee

language techniques is all about HOW. i do not undertsnad it and i have learnt not to undertsnd it but if you don't use it you get marked down bad!!! basically it means you say things like "he uses this metaphore....blah blah blah.... to show the change in Mr X's perspective. This is similar to Skrzynecki's use of similies, for example, blah blah blah."
understand? or "the use of repetition stresses tjhe changes in her perpective..." you can still link it thematically eg. and this is very blatant"hehe
"the theme love is portrayed lcearly through the sue of italics which enhances the words...blah blah blah...."This is similar to Skrzynecki's emphasis on love when he uses the metaphore blah blah blah".
make sense? don't worry if you don't believe any thing you write just make sure it can be believable:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)