Stimulus Booklet 2008? (1 Viewer)

bluesky

HSC
N/A
I believe the 2007 Stimulus Booket will not be repeated for HSC English 2008. Does anyone know if it will be replaced by another booklet or just left out?

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Really??
I thought that 2008 is the last year doing 'Journeys' so wouldnt that mean we would still have the same booklets?

bluesky

HSC
N/A
Without Wings. Thanks so much for your reply. Exactly the info i was looking for. I did search all over the BOS site before for that info but I missed it somehow.

Last edited:

shayla

HSC
My tutor told me that we do journeys this year for the hsc. and same with a few of my teachers at school said, last term.

Zephyrio

HSC
08ers do do journeys.

And we don't get the stimulus booklet.

white ferret

HSC
do we have to do all the journeys? ie. imaginative, inner, physical. or does our schools just choose one or two for us to study?

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
There was heaps on confusion about this and different ppl told me different things
soooo....
i had someone ring up teh board of studies and they said

YES- we do journeys (pick from inner, imaginative or physical)
NO-we dont have stimulus booklet

The reason they gave this was that the stimulus booklet was only used so ppl understood journey's etc and now they feel everyone has a good grasp of what it is and teachers understand it that the stimulus booklet is no longer needed! I guess there's pros/cons but im glad we dont have it!!!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No more stimulus booklets - my teacher told me that the BoS can't afford to print all these pages for us :)

But I still got one, 'cause the school has lots of spares.

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
hmm our school made up a stimulus booklet, which is the biggest bunch of bullshit, because the only thing that was in the stimulus book that was in the 2007 one is the road not taken...

so you know when you go into the hsc *in the past* and they go write an essay about... "journeys are a normal part of life, it brings transformation and renewal to the person undetaking it" refer to your core text, a text from the stimulus booklet and one of your own choosing

ours will just be, refer to your core text and atleast one of your own choosing.. because.. we'll have to choose two of our own texts now because we dont use the stimulus booklet...

*question about journeys is completley FAKE, i made it up on the spot!!*

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
-mz-u-wsh-, that's so slack about what your school's done. As for not having the stimulus booklet around, a few pros and cons I guess, pros: less things to memorise, I was scratching my head about a few of texts in the stimulus booklet, because I never really saw the journey in there (maybe it's just me or that I never really looked at it since we're not using it lol) cons: I'm a bit iffy about my some of my related texts because I'm slightly worried they might not answer the question, sure I would have one text to write about, but I would need another, and there's not much time to look at other texts and not having the stimulus booklet around may create problems.

Teslacoil

HSC
Does this mean that I can use the road not taken as one of my related texts for physical journeys?

Prosper

HSC
Teslacoil said:
Does this mean that I can use the road not taken as one of my related texts for physical journeys?
I'm telling you now, don't do it. All of the English teachers at my school are recommending that no one does any previous stimulus booklet material as the markers are looking for unique and different texts. If you pick Road Not Taken the markers will be thinking that you just picked up from the Stimulus Booklet whether you actually did or not. This means that the marker might mark you down for it as you don't appear to have unique ideas or something along those lines.:ninja:

Teslacoil

HSC
Prosper said:
I'm telling you now, don't do it. All of the English teachers at my school are recommending that no one does any previous stimulus booklet material as the markers are looking for unique and different texts. If you pick Road Not Taken the markers will be thinking that you just picked up from the Stimulus Booklet whether you actually did or not. This means that the marker might mark you down for it as you don't appear to have unique ideas or something along those lines.:ninja:
Well I'm kinda struggling, and this poem looked like a good option, if you have any other recommendations my ears are open. I would prefer a poem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)