Still waiting on Edwards Hall (1 Viewer)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Hi guys,
To those of you that got a call (last week) offering you a place at Edwards Hall, have you received that 'letter' they said they would send? It's been a week already and I haven't received anything yet :(

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Bob.J said:
Hi guys,
To those of you that got a call (last week) offering you a place at Edwards Hall, have you received that 'letter' they said they would send? It's been a week already and I haven't received anything yet :(
Edwards Hall are slack bastards. When I applied there in '02 I didn't hear anything from them and then decided to ring up and ask about 2 weeks before O-week and the bastards said that I didn't get in.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
the head of college is out of the office. when i was talking to them today they said they still have not finished sending letters

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
My mum tryed all week to ring them and they said they would call back later in the day.

Finnaly today she got through and they said i didnt get in first round, that probbaly means i wont get in at all,

Does anybody know what they judge us on? on that sheet i put school captain, rep teams ive made 4 footy and all that stuff still i didnt get in and i live in a place far far away that no1 has heard of. Where am i meant to stay if i dont get in? like i know a few mates but their houses are full

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
countrydude said:
My mum tryed all week to ring them and they said they would call back later in the day.

Finnaly today she got through and they said i didnt get in first round, that probbaly means i wont get in at all,

Does anybody know what they judge us on? on that sheet i put school captain, rep teams ive made 4 footy and all that stuff still i didnt get in and i live in a place far far away that no1 has heard of. Where am i meant to stay if i dont get in? like i know a few mates but their houses are full
sorry to hear that countrydude, you should try calling again and enquire why you didn't get a first round place (could it be because you might have applied later than everyone else?). If you had many other preferences down your list then they should offer you a place.

To anyone that got an offer to edwards hall, have you received any e/mails yet?

twiddla

If you got an offer for edwards hall, you like me should have received a phone call from Rowena or Luce and they would have told you that you would receive an email (not a letter as there wasn't enough time left) between Saturday 29th feb and Mon 31st Feb. I haven't received one yet and so if it isn't there this arvo when I arrive home I intend to call them.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Nicho said:
If you got an offer for edwards hall, you like me should have received a phone call from Rowena or Luce and they would have told you that you would receive an email (not a letter as there wasn't enough time left) between Saturday 29th feb and Mon 31st Feb. I haven't received one yet and so if it isn't there this arvo when I arrive home I intend to call them.
yeh, that's right nicho
i called them up yesterday and they said they'd email the stuff by the afternoon. Then i called again today and they said sometime today (they've been really busy). As long as we get the stuff before o-week !

twiddla

Latest Report is sometime in the next few days (today being the 2nd of Feb)

Last edited by a moderator:

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
does anyone here that is staying at edwards hall play much sport? The intercollegiate sporting events during the year are always fun :D

twiddla

I play cricket, soccer, run a couple of times a week plus go to the gym once or twice a week. Please note, don't expect nething brilliant - i just play alot of sport i am not brilliant at nething

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yay i got mine :D
it was in the junk mail box.. hotmail is dodgy
anyway yeh, you going to college during o-week nicho?

i used to love playing rugby union back in high school, would like to get back into it.

hanjoc

still waiting

hey. i still have not heard anything from edwards hall and when i rang they just said it was now an email which i havent got yet. have they forgotten about me or have a lot of people not heard anything yet? i'm just a bit worried that they didnt mark my acceptance since the phone call...and theres like a week till o week. hope they havent stuffed it up

twiddla

If I were u i'd give them a call if u haven't received it by tonight and check ur junk/bulk folders as well

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
:) :) I finnaly got in, I wrote them an email asking why I didnt get in and they replyed with all the forms i had too print off :) , so happy, i cant wait.

what type of sports do they play at the intercolledge sports thing? do they play league?

twiddla

the intercollegiate sports i think are league, soccer and cricket mainly - the other site i think are the clubs for the uni

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
countrydude said:
:) :)what type of sports do they play at the intercolledge sports thing? do they play league?
congrats.

i dont think there is intercollegiate league anymore, but teds do have a rugby game between the 2 main blocks every year.

From memory the intercollegiate sporting events are:

*swimming
*cricket
*soccer
*touch
*basketball
*running (well they have a college division in the campus scamper)

And yes, intercollege sport is independant of NUsport, ie. intercollege sport is organised solely by the colleges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)