still haven’t started doing anything for maths (1 Viewer)

icycledough

HSC
I'd say if there's a subject out of all of them you may not have studied for, it's kind of good in a way that it's maths. That just may be coming from me, but unlike content-heavy subjects like English and the humanities, any level of maths is just learning the theory and applying it in the form of past papers (timed, of course) or just practice questions at first to consolidate your understanding.

cloud_berry

HSC
i sat down to do a trials paper an hour ago and i’ve only done like 5 questions, i legit can’t focus. i am screwed
wondering what happens if you fail one paper but get ok in the others with 10 units now.. lowkey scared im not gonna be able to get a hsc

cloud_berry

HSC
my biggest regret rn is doing 10 units i should just give up on all hope of getting a good atar at this point …

dannyo1

HSC
my biggest regret rn is doing 10 units i should just give up on all hope of getting a good atar at this point …
Depends what you consider "good" to be and what your current maths ability is - don't discount yourself so quickly, there's a lot more nuance to this.

dannyo1

HSC
by the looks of things i might potentially get below 50%
Well you need to keep in mind the alignment process - if you genuinely want an idea of what ATAR you can get, I'd recommend first getting a rough idea of how your raw marks align on rawmarks.info then putting this into an ATAR calculator, HSCNinja and Matrix are good.

There's ordinarily a pretty big boost in marks, and I have no idea what you're aiming for but the odds of you getting a final HSC mark for maths <50 are incredibly slim - only 1.5% of last year's cohort got that.

Last edited:

cloud_berry

HSC
Well you need to keep in mind the alignment process - if you genuinely want an idea of what ATAR you can get, I'd recommend first getting a rough idea of how your raw marks align on rawmarks.info then putting this into an ATAR calculator, HSCNinja and Matrix are good.

There's ordinarily a pretty big boost in marks, and I have no idea what you're aiming for but the odds of you getting a final HSC mark for maths <50 are incredibly slim - only 1.5% of last year's cohort got that.
wait, by final hsc mark you mean the total of the internals and externals? i passed my internals (lowest i got was for trials at 60%) but i think i’m gonna fail this final exam

dannyo1

HSC
wait, by final hsc mark you mean the total of the internals and externals? i passed my internals (lowest i got was for trials at 60%) but i think i’m gonna fail this final exam
Even for your examination mark alone it is very hard to get a Band 1 in Advanced Maths - like if you can get around 50% without trying your marks will align up quite a great deal if past trends continue. Also please note that you cannot fail in the HSC, Maths Adv will still count towards your ATAR even if the mark is less than 50 - you still complete those units unless you receive an N award, which I'm assuming you have not.

And yes, final HSC mark is what I was referring to before - that is an average of your assessment (internal) mark and your examination (external) mark.

cloud_berry

HSC
Even for your examination mark alone it is very hard to get a Band 1 in Advanced Maths - like if you can get around 50% without trying your marks will align up quite a great deal if past trends continue. Also please note that you cannot fail in the HSC, Maths Adv will still count towards your ATAR even if the mark is less than 50 - you still complete those units unless you receive an N award, which I'm assuming you have not.

And yes, final HSC mark is what I was referring to before - that is an average of your assessment (internal) mark and your examination (external) mark.
i do standard which is why i assume scaling will screw me over
the only hope i have are my internal marks which aren’t amazing but decent enough

santavself

HSC
i do standard which is why i assume scaling will screw me over
the only hope i have are my internal marks which aren’t amazing but decent enough
Too late to go over some past papers with focusing. Coming from one standard student to another better to cram formulas then stress about doing papers rn. Also gl, I also didn’t study because I was too busy actually doing things in life because fuck hsc at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)