Stereotypes? (1 Viewer)

mathock

HSC
im a 2005 fresher at wesley, and i have to say, going to college was the greatest decision i have ever made. dont worry bout initiations,well at least not at wesley (i mean, at this time all drews freshers are carrying bricks around and all us wesleys are breaking their bricks, thus requiring them to have to carry several bricks the next day as punishment... sucks to be a shithead :p)

yeah there are massive stereotypes, but its all good fun... non-college kids treat us as a different species, some are intrigued, some are disgusted... here are the stereotypes (as told to us by our o-week leaders in o-week)

wesley - we are known as wowsers, dominate the rawson and rosebowl, known as the college that parties hard, and slightly incestuous, which isnt always a bad thing, our chicks are hot

pauls - quote "pauls are faggots" unquote. all guys college, butt of all homosexual jokes... by themselves, "paulines" are decent guys, as a group they are pricks, wesleys main opponent for the rawson

drews - the shitheads are alright, seniors take the initiations a bit too far, but gives the rest of intercol something to laugh at. shit at sport, apparantly the master chose all hot chicks this year, so yeah cant be too bad a place.

johns - choppers are bastards. big, thick, arrogant bastards. racked up $30 000 worth of damage to other colleges in o-week. seniors shaved all the freshers heads, makes them all look like crims, which is pretty accurate. cant win a date with a skankta chick let alone the rawson.

womens - conveniently located nextdoor to wesley, pretty hot chicks, all snobby private school girls tho. 60% of womens chicks will marry a pauline. good at sport coz the have twice as many girls as any other college, security are bastards, if ya caught there just say ya from johns.

skanktia - dont go there, simple as that. any bloke who goes back to skankta with a skankta chick is referred to as goin for a run on the "goat track"; sorta sums it pretty well

so yeah, i might have a bit of bias but i dont have to carry round bricks, get my head shaven or board with 300 other sex-deprived blokes, so for all the boys out there, wesley is definitely a good option.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
i'd love to go to college, how the fuck do you afford it though? unless your parents are stinking rich, which i'm guessing is the situation for 99% of college occupants
YA for me. I work for about 10 hours a week as well, so I have enough cash to throw into other things.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Let's say the cost is $300 a week. You're not there all year. Uni itself is only on for about 30 weeks of the 52, so... let's say you are there for 40 weeks.

$300*40=$12,000

Considering food, electricity, tutoring, security, insurance, internet, et cetera is all included, typically, I think that's a pretty fair deal. And transport costs are null.

Sure, it's more costly than living at home with your parents, but for somebody who doesn't have a home in the city they want to go to uni in, it's as viable an option as the other types of accomodation.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah, but i guess i would only JUST have the right amount, with my job + YA, so then i wouldnt be able to buy clothes with all my extra money, and theres nothing more important than clothes.... :(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
how much does it cost you? i think its about 350 a week at usyd
HAHAHAHA

Oh dear.

It's $200 fully catered down here, or $120 self catered, so yes it's affordable. But then again, what else is there to expect, it's Canberra! :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
is it as fun as usyd college life seems to be? maybe i should just transfer to ANU, its a better uni anyway hahaa
I'm not sure, I've never been to Usyd, but pack a few thousand <20 yr old's together and it's bound to be... interesting. ANU is alot different to Usyd though, here nearly EVERYONE lives at college for at least their first two years, when you go to the clubs in the city, everyone is from college. :p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
neo_o said:
It's $200 fully catered down here, or $120 self catered, so yes it's affordable. But then again, what else is there to expect, it's Canberra! :)
I thought Bruce Hall and Burgmann were somewhere near $8000-10000 a year, not that much different to the $13000 in a college at USyd.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Ouch. $13K? I guess I shouldn't complain about $10K (UQ), then.

Regarding USyd colleges, what's the food like?

chaude

colleges

welcome to college FRESHER! you really have no idea of the college traditions at sydney uni obviously. Firstly you only just got into our intercol life here and you're already firing bullshit about other colleges already....shows how decent you are.

Your werent here last year were u? so you wouldnt even realise that it wasnt Wesley who won the Rosebowl! And how would know about John's o-week?? Get your facts right...

Shaving of the head at Johns is a tradition....Drews carry bricks and wear gowns also as a tradition and is optional.

Goat track at Sancta has got nothing to do with picking up....it is in fact the path which has been established by generations of the girls walking to uni. so why dont you show a bit of decency being a wowser and show some respect to other colleges without being a complete wanker of a fresher. No one else goes on here randomly and starts having a go at your college.

Last edited:

mathock

HSC
shite chaude, i apologise if i touched a sensitive spot... as i said before, these were the stereotypes told to us by the senior guys in the sports gee-up... im aware we dont hold the rosebowl, but think we have won it 5 out of the last 7 years or something, we have won the rawson 5 of the last 6 years, which is 5 times more than you have won it in 100 years...

im also aware of what the goatrack is, which is why the saying is "GOING FOR A RUN on the goat track"... i was told by a johns fresher that you caused $30 000 worth of damage, of which $9000 has been pinned on him... maybe you should try to get off the 'roids and take some anger management classes, in the mean time ill be sure to be more careful when DISCUSSING THE STEREOTYPES AS TOLD TO ME on a public forum, and make sure i keep the fuck away from you

Last edited:

chaude

what makes you think i'm from johns?
mathock said:
shite chaude, i apologise if i touched a sensitive spot... as i said before, these were the stereotypes told to us by the senior guys in the sports gee-up... im aware we dont hold the rosebowl, but think we have won it 5 out of the last 7 years or something, we have won the rawson 5 of the last 6 years, which is 5 times more than you have won it in 100 years...

im also aware of what the goatrack is, which is why the saying is "GOING FOR A RUN on the goat track"... i was told by a johns fresher that you caused $30 000 worth of damage, of which $9000 has been pinned on him... maybe you should try to get off the 'roids and take some anger management classes, in the mean time ill be sure to be more careful when DISCUSSING THE STEREOTYPES AS TOLD TO ME on a public forum, and make sure i keep the fuck away from you

Sashmish

Well Chaude, are you from Sancta?

I'm at Women's, and during O-Week we got told "If you get caught doing anything wrong, say you name is Lucy Tucker and you're from Sancta."

What we all want to know is, IS there a Lucy Tucker at Sancta?

chaude

I'm male and undergraduate, therefore, not at Sancta.

I doubt "Lucy Tucker" exists. Every college has a fake name that they are instructed to give when in trouble. It's not an exclusive Women's brainwave.

I'm only sensitive to this issue because i think it is unfair to give prejudiced opinions about people on a public forum, where anyone may read them. It is fine to have your biases when at college (every college person thinks their own is the best, and has songs to express it), but to post it publicly is spiteful and maybe taking it too far. It's just another form of racism.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)