Staying fit over summer holidays (and into term time) (1 Viewer)

Catey_W

HSC
Hi all,
So I've just gone on summer holidays and I'm looking for fun ways to not get fat.
Usually I dance a few times a week, but I haven't found any classes that run during the holidays. A lot of my friend are on holidays, I've never been to a gym.
Any tips? Is it worth signing up to a gym?

deswa1

HSC
Take up running and run with a friend

Kittikhun

HSC
Don't eat too much (but also not too less. Eat well!), and run/jog for at least 40 minutes a day (make sure to run on grass or your knees will be stuffed, and run in the afternoon or evening and not in the morning. If you can find a route with some hills or some other incline that would be awesome) or do swimming.

To strengthen your core stay in the 'up' push up position for at least 3 minutes. I would refrain from sit ups/crunches.

To strengthen your arms and shoulders, do push ups, triceps dips, and assisted pull ups/ chin ups (these are called supine rows. When you can do at least 50 in good form progress to actual pull ups/ chin ups on a rafter at home in good form. Make sure to keep your grip no farther than shoulder width apart or you're going to put too much strain on your rotator cuffs and dislocate/sublux one of your shoulders--not cool.). Make sure to go on youtube and watch videos teaching you how to do these exercises in good and proper form, which will minimise your chance of injury.

You can do all the above in circuits. You can design your own circuit based on your current abilities from the following site-

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/custom/navy/trainingtool.html

Try to stay as motivated as possible in any way you can (you're not tired until you hit the wall, and your limit is death. Pain is temporary and is weakness leaving the body, and so on), and be flexible with your fitness plan (plan to complete certain exercises by the week. Don't limit yourself to doing a particular exercise on a certain day and not on any other as plans always go to shit.) or else you will lose motivation and forget it all.

You don't need to join a gym to be fit. Paying for gym membership can be quite expensive too.

All the best with it.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
literally just dont eat sugar and you will be fine

Breeby

HSC
It's awesome that I came across this. I NEVER do excercise. I did a little swimming a couple of years back but since then, no sport, no PE, nothing.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Hi all,
So I've just gone on summer holidays and I'm looking for fun ways to not get fat.
Usually I dance a few times a week, but I haven't found any classes that run during the holidays. A lot of my friend are on holidays, I've never been to a gym.
Any tips? Is it worth signing up to a gym?
well what would you do at the gym? if you would go on the treadmill and bike then obviously do not join a gym.

just go to the beach, go for walks, do yoga (just google it and do a few basic sun salutations a few times through every morning)
also don't eat shit obviously.

it is seriously not hard to not get fat.

Hazballs

HSC
Fitness first gives out free passes in the holidays for teenagers, so you could go to the gym a couple times a week.. Pretty much as long as you don't consume more calories then you burn you'll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)