• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

stats in extended responses? (1 Viewer)

austinbaric

HSC
Should you be using stats in your extended response. For example if I was answering a finance question and using a case study, should I say "current liabilities fell over the last 5 years" or say "current liabilities fell by 20% over the last 5 years from $100,000 to $80,000" cheers.

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
It depends heavily on the question. If you are doing a finance question, yes it would be beneficial to incorporate some RELEVANT statistics. That said, you should be wary that you are meant to be ANSWERING THE QUESTION, not explaining your chosen case study in detail. What I mean here is that you are using an example from your case study to support your argument.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Should you be using stats in your extended response. For example if I was answering a finance question and using a case study, should I say "current liabilities fell over the last 5 years" or say "current liabilities fell by 20% over the last 5 years from $100,000 to $80,000" cheers.

Depends on the context and time constraints though, if you feel that you don't have time to include actual stats you could just write the former. I doubt the marker would care either way tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)