Statewide rankings (1 Viewer)

sneeble

A simple question that I can't seem to find an answer to (mind you I'm not the best at looking for things)

When people talk about coming "first in the state in 2 unit maths", are they referring to their exam mark only, or their final mark for the subject (exam + assessment/2)?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
first in state for 2u is the best mark in the 2u external exam. it is the exam mark, not the hsc mark(average of the two)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Sorry redruM - it's not just the exam mark.

You need to have the best HSC mark. Generally, this means that you need to be ranked first in your school class, and then to obtain the top exam mark in the state.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Lazarus said:
Sorry redruM - it's not just the exam mark.

You need to have the best HSC mark. Generally, this means that you need to be ranked first in your school class, and then to obtain the top exam mark in the state.
are you serious?

i would have thought otherwise...thats really rigid, imo.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
yeah lazarus is right

a guy in my high-school class last year topped the state but got like 4th in the actual hsc exam, it was because he had a 99 or 100 assessment mark or something stupid

lala2

Banned
HSC
To top the state, do you need to have the highest HSC mark as an integer? Or like, say you and one other person both got 100 as an HSC mark but in actual fact you got 99.85% while the other guy got 99.7%, would you alone be considered as topping the state, or both?

Hope I make sense. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)