State Rankings (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Necro because other thread in MX1 forum got locked.
I hear state ranks are released on 4pm @ dec 17th? confirm/deny?

08er

HSC
apparently state ranks are released the day before hsc results, aka 16th

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
08er said:
apparently state ranks are released the day before hsc results, aka 16th
1st in state is released then (16th). The other state ranks aren't released until the 17th, with the rest of the HSC results.

you're aiming to get 1st, namu? or top 10?

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
1st in state is released then (16th). The other state ranks aren't released until the 17th, with the rest of the HSC results.

1st in state is release to public on the 16th. REsults at 6am on the 17th. State rankings at 4pm on the 17th. But 1st in state get a call about 2-3 days before.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
1st in state is release to public on the 16th. REsults at 6am on the 17th. State rankings at 4pm on the 17th. But 1st in state get a call about 2-3 days before.
wow, you're onto it. thanks :) expecting to attain a state rank for any of your subjects?

Zephyrio

HSC
fallenstar said:
wow, you're onto it. thanks :) expecting to attain a state rank for any of your subjects?
He came top five at Ruse for all four units of maths, chemistry and physics. You could imagine.

How are you feeling, fallenstar? I myself keep envisioning myself getting state ranks but reality hits and sets: it's so hard to attain them, so there's really no use in me expecting or anticipating them at all. I know teachers might think you have the potential, but until the results roll in, everything's up in the air. I just want my results... now. :(

PS I don't think you need "closer" in your signature. :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you get a state ranking in English, you'll be the first to achieve one from our school since...well...ever...lol

:p

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:
He came top five at Ruse for all four units of maths, chemistry and physics. You could imagine.

How are you feeling, fallenstar? I myself keep envisioning myself getting state ranks but reality hits and sets: it's so hard to attain them, so there's really no use in me expecting or anticipating them at all. I know teachers might think you have the potential, but until the results roll in, everything's up in the air. I just want my results... now. :(

PS I don't think you need "closer" in your signature. :p
hahah it's 12:02pm, cut me some slack :p

I'm feeling fine at the moment, hsc nightmares here and there, but mostly fine. clerical errors are playing on my subconscious lately haha. Full-on fear will kick in around monday methinks.
Teachers have been getting my hopes up all year for Ext History and Modern and a few others so I'm trying to forget what they've told me because I really don't want to be disappointed. Like you've said, everything is essentially speculation until the 17th (or hopefully a few days earlier ;))

EDIT: 12:02 AM. fuck, i really am tired. haha.

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
I'm tired too. :(

Like I feel your pain. Teachers sorta expect really good marks from me, in the realm of state rankings, but I have a feeling that I'll just be sorely disappointed. But hey let's not speculate too much. Don't want to slip into a coma before HSC results. :)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Zephyrio said:

Like I feel your pain. Teachers sorta expect really good marks from me, in the realm of state rankings, but I have a feeling that I'll just be sorely disappointed. But hey let's not speculate too much. Don't want to slip into a coma before HSC results. :)
Teachers are so frustrating with their subtle forms of pressure and expectation. "So-and-so attained 48 in Ext a few years back and got 10th in the state...But he doesn't write like you do." Ugh, thanks, I think...

coma would almost be nice so i don't have to think about it hah. let's just attempt to distract ourselves in a less physically damaging fashion haha :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:

isn't that everyone's dream? lol

it's more like I am hoping but I am not counting on it. :D

Because luck is a big part of this...:(

dp624

HSC
Zephyrio said:

Hey, I know a girl from your school who got 100 and like state-ranked in Eng and topped 4u maths. A few years ago..? maybe 2003?

Man I still haven't had a hsc dream... is this a good/bad sign? hahah. i really really hope that i get what I want.

an aside: would you guys be more pissed with 2nd in state or ,say, 7th in state? I'd hate to miss out on 1st by that much lawl

Good thing i slept at 11:55pm last nite, I'm pumped for today. Lol namu 4am in the morning... :|

I'm sure everyone will do really well. Like, if you put the effort into it you'll be smashsing hard. Best of luck!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
Hey, I know a girl from your school who got 100 and like state-ranked in Eng and topped 4u maths. A few years ago..? maybe 2003?

Man I still haven't had a hsc dream... is this a good/bad sign? hahah. i really really hope that i get what I want.

an aside: would you guys be more pissed with 2nd in state or ,say, 7th in state? I'd hate to miss out on 1st by that much lawl

Good thing i slept at 11:55pm last nite, I'm pumped for today. Lol namu 4am in the morning... :|

I'm sure everyone will do really well. Like, if you put the effort into it you'll be smashsing hard. Best of luck!!!
2nd would be obviously better. However, the immediate feeling you get & the lasting feeling knowing that you came 2nd would be worse than coming, say 7th or 6th or whatever.

danz90

HSC
I read somewhere on BOS Site that state rankings are available from MIDDAY on 17th Dec, not 4pm.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:

2nd in state would be fucking annoying but i'd get over it pretty quickly, it's still a huge achievement.

i'm not home today so freaking a little - no one can take the call if i have achieved what i wanted. (but of course if they can't get through, they'll call back later, duh.)

good luck to you all. like dp624 said- if you have put the work in, it will show. (unless a clerical error occurs.. :/ fuckfuckfuck.)

iEdd

HSC
Are clerical errors likely though? I thought all papers were double-marked, or at least double-tallied for the maths/science ones if they don't require double marking. And surely if they calculated someone's assessment mark as 98 and their exam mark as ridiculously lower, say 3, then they would decide that they need to fire the person that can't count and recheck it?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
dp624 said:
I'm from Zephyrio's school (Sefton) and I can confirm NO ONE from Sefton has state-ranked in English...yet (at least since the new HSC from 2001). In fact, there were no state ranks from Sefton whatsoever (since 2001) until 2004 where we had a 2nd in the state for Maths Ext2. Since then, every year has managed at least one state ranking...so you Class of 08 better not break the trend!!!haha :p

dp624

HSC
Trebla said:
I'm from Zephyrio's school (Sefton) and I can confirm NO ONE from Sefton has state-ranked in English...yet (at least since the new HSC from 2001). In fact, there were no state ranks from Sefton whatsoever (since 2001) until 2004 where we had a 2nd in the state for Maths Ext2. Since then, every year has managed at least one state ranking...so you Class of 08 better not break the trend!!!haha :p
Oh okay, lol. THe person I know must've been from before 2001. because I disntinctly remember her getting 100 uai and state ranking a lot (Tanya Nguyen or sometihng?)

Lol, I hope clerical errors don't happen.. srsly so.

ALso last year they came out at 4pm, so i dno. Didn't our assessment ranks come out at 4pm or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)