State Rankings (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
risole91 said:
Thats great.
So rather then reading 15 pages of this thread, you can answer my question.
Or you could be not lazy

Yes calls went out. and people aren't supposed to say whether they got one. No the list isn;t up, itll be up tomorrow

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
risole91 said:
Thats great.
So rather then reading 15 pages of this thread, you can answer my question.
rofl
Okay, rightio.
Some people we expected to attain 1st didn't and others did. People who received 1st can't reveal in the thread due to BOS regulations and jazz, so you have to pm them.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
fallenstar said:
rofl
Okay, rightio.
Some people we expected to attain 1st didn't and others did. People who received 1st can't reveal in the thread due to BOS regulations and jazz, so you have to pm them.
Can you pm me, who they are, and i will pm them.
:p

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
dp624 said:
Or you could be not lazy

Yes calls went out. and people aren't supposed to say whether they got one. No the list isn;t up, itll be up tomorrow
you are an angry kid.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
risole91 said:
Can you pm me, who they are, and i will pm them.
:p
I am right here. I came frst in the state for a subject.

Why not pm me?

PM mee Nao!

treehat

HSC
This question is probably stupid.. but for state rankings and that distinguished achievers list thing, do they count just the external HSC mark or the cumulative one?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
treehat said:
This question is probably stupid.. but for state rankings and that distinguished achievers list thing, do they count just the external HSC mark or the cumulative one?
They look at your external first then they look into your internal results.

So, if you got 120 and someone got 120, they look into your internal results to rank people.

About distinguished list, it's def based on both.

dp624

HSC
treehat said:
Both together

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
They look at your external first then they look into your internal results.

So, if you got 120 and someone got 120, they look into your internal results to rank people.

About distinguished list, it's def based on both.
I've checked it up.

The Top Achievers in a Course List includes the names and teaching schools of those students in each course who achieve Band 6 or Band E4, as appropriate, and are placed in the top group (see following table). They are ranked firstly by their HSC mark and secondly by the average of the examination mark and the moderated assessment awarded for the course. In the case of extension courses, marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration.

HSC mark is overall mark

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
I've checked it up.

The Top Achievers in a Course List includes the names and teaching schools of those students in each course who achieve Band 6 or Band E4, as appropriate, and are placed in the top group (see following table). They are ranked firstly by their HSC mark and secondly by the average of the examination mark and the moderated assessment awarded for the course. In the case of extension courses, marks awarded for other courses in the subject area are also taken into consideration.

HSC mark is overall mark
yep, i see.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah, i've asked that before because i was unsure, but it seems fair, so u cant just get a state ranking out of nowhere, like somehow come last in your school but get full marks in the external and get a state rank

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah, i've asked that before because i was unsure, but it seems fair, so u cant just get a state ranking out of nowhere, like somehow come last in your school but get full marks in the external and get a state rank

yeah

I agree. it's fair to rank people based on hsc because hsc is the only exam where everyone in the state gets put on the same scale.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
I've checked it up.

Hmm, I wonder what they do with people who earned identical HSC marks for Extension History then. Would someone who does 5u History, therefore, have an advantage over someone who does 3u?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
fallenstar said:
Hmm, I wonder what they do with people who earned identical HSC marks for Extension History then. Would someone who does 5u History, therefore, have an advantage over someone who does 3u?
nope, it shud just be a tie

edit: another question sorta on topic, how do they compare extension subjects if one person did accelerated for the normal course, e.g. did modern history a year earlier than another person but they both got 50/50 for ext. hist

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
depends on how well they went in the other u's

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
yeah

I agree. it's fair to rank people based on hsc because hsc is the only exam where everyone in the state gets put on the same scale.
But moderation is the process which puts everyone on the same scale.. so it's perfectly fair to use overall mark

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
another question sorta on topic, how do they compare extension subjects if one person did accelerated for the normal course, e.g. did modern history a year earlier than another person but they both got 50/50 for ext. hist
good question. Probs a tie then; it's really incomparable if they did different HSC exams for Modern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)