• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

chesseANDbacon

HSC
Suney_J said:
and thats why Hodges wont be selected, coz when he played for QLD he had a shocker. Berrigan and Tonga will be the centres coz they've proven they can handle the pressure
Ohhh i HATE HATE HATE justin hodges, hes a stupid bitch!--if i see him, ill kick him in the lower region somewhere...hehe.! i hope buderus gets selected- cos hes the best hooker ! do u guys reckon that the city/country game is where selectors are more likely to make up their minds on nsw players cos normalyl when palyers dont play the city/country game, they dnt get picked for origin.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
anton_ said:
i reacon u r smoking weed, cos the bulldogs suck this year... thus the selectors will be overlooking them... it always runs on the fortune of the teams... the top 4 to 5 teams always get well represented in rep footy unless they are wildcards like manly this year! only tinga will prob get in cos cos he is also an international and a superstar in good form...
The form of the teamz will not overshadow the form of individual playerz. But az alwayz, NSW will be full of Roosterz.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
chesseANDbacon said:
do u guys reckon that the city/country game is where selectors are more likely to make up their minds on nsw players cos normalyl when palyers dont play the city/country game, they dnt get picked for origin.
that game should help, but remember that test players dont play in City/Country origin.

LMF^^ said:
But az alwayz, NSW will be full of Roosterz.
I dont think so, all I can think of is Minichello, Fitzgibbon and Wing. The Dragons should have more

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Suney_J said:
QLD does look like a good side, and I think thats the side selectors will pick for QLD, except for Smith cause he retired from rep footy.
As For NSW, who gets picked for the 2nd hooker should be interesting, cause I think Buderus will be first choice. Rooney and Lewis dont look too good so far this year compared to last year, and i'd prefer Barret at 5/8 and Hill at lock
Buderus won't be first choice, not when Knights are going so shocking.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Buderus won't be first choice, not when Knights are going so shocking.
well he got picked for country tonite and is the captain, and remember Hindmarsh got picked for NSW and Australia when the Eels were goin bad

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
LMF^^ said:
The form of the teamz will not overshadow the form of individual playerz. But az alwayz, NSW will be full of Roosterz.
since when has thaere been more roosters players than dragons ?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I've never really counted but from memory Roosterz alwayz made up quite a percentage of the squad, well maybe alongside the Dragonz too.

But like last season when they were lookin fo a replacement half, Sherwin definitely deserved it mo than Finch, but since Finch waz a Rooster he getz the place.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
finch was the form halfback besides orford throughout last season, he deserved his spot and performed great in the match

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nah it waz mo to do wit him bein a Rooster, az Fitler waz the other half.

HSC
Suney_J said:
I dont think so, all I can think of is Minichello, Fitzgibbon and Wing. The Dragons should have more
Cross is probably a possibility even though I don't think he deserves to be there. Amos or Topou could be bolters but unlikely.

And the Dragons should have no players picked! The team is coming 3rd last and no player has been deserving of a spot. However unfortunately there will probably be a number of them with Cooper, Gasnier, Barrett, Bailey, Ryles all having a very good chance of being there.

Wonder who/how many will get injured this year.....

can't wait

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
LOL

Gasnier's effort yesty arvo certainly raises his chances, it seems all players need is one good game and they'll get picked. Speaking of which, how Tahu got picked for City vs Origin is unbelievable. He's barely touched the ball for the eels, yet he gets picked over someone like Luke Covell.

T

timbk2

lol yea.. im glad there arent many bulldogs in the squads..

we've lost too many players due to rep. games already.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
who is going to win the state of orgin??

who do you think is going to win???
I say the blues
go the blues

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well the cane toads have an actual halfback this year in thurston and their backline will shat all over ours, so its not good news there.

HSC
My NSW side will be as follows

1. Minichello
2. Lewis
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Rooney
6. Anasta
7. Kimmorley
8. Ryles
9. Buderus
10. Bailey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Wing
15. Clinton
16. Waterhouse
17. Kennedy

18. Watmough

I beleive that is the strongest side that NSW can field. Anasta has been in tremendous form for the Dogs in the opening rounds and has continually been there best in a losing side and knows how to lift his game. If any of you saw the game against the tigers, our comeback where we just fell short was started by two individual tries by Anasta.
His game will complement Kimmorley as he has attacked the line more this season and his passing game is great, and he has a decent kicking game as well.
For mine trent barret hasn't shown enough in the early season and Hill has appeared to be inconsistent at times and only shines when Orford has a strong game.

Players that will be unlucky to miss selection are Priddis, Gower and Kite

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
1. minichello - has to be fullback
2. lewis - did just enough to retain his spot (grothe jnr and el masri are going great tho)
3. king - best centre after cooper
4. cooper - great in both defence and offense
5. rooney - best nsw winger
6. barret - back to form, just edges out anasta
7. kimmorley - simply the best right now.
8. clinton - i just get the feeling that bailey has been pretty lack lustre this year
9. buderus - class
10. ryles - fit again, running and offloading like a machine
11.hindmarsh - tireless
12. kenndy - the key to manly's success this season
13. fitzgibbon - kicker
reserves
14. wing - versatile and explosive, ideal bench player (although anasta can also be picked here)
15. waterhouse - can play frontrow and backrow
16. ryan - classy backrower
17. watmough/menzies - cant decide yet, watmough has been firing week in week out as has menzies who also has experience and played awsome in city country - he lifts at these type of occasions. (kite would do as well though)

bailey and kite just missing out, but with waterhouse covering for props, theres just so many deserving backrowers, hard to decide who should be kicked. no priddis if buderus is fit. anasta should also be considered unlucky unless he gets a bench spot at the expense of wing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)