State Library Study Team (1 Viewer)

Dayze

HSC
I reccomend UNSW library, it's quiet and easy to get to...just pick a random level and sit away from everyone, and ull gte heaps done. I still love my local (Bowen) although, heaps from my school go there and it's really easy to get to (5 mins walking distance). Maybe Ill try my school library before HSC ends.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol i practically lived at state library during yr12... haven't been for ages though! nearly every time i go, i bump into minai :p we do a good job of studying together though, must set an example for you guys :p

micky25

HSC
i dont study in libraries, if im not typing my notes, i find its much easier to learn notes outside in the sun :D

plus the library has other hsc people... i think theres more distraction there than at home... although... with 'ready steady cook' and 'oprah' ... msn...phone.... not much happening around lunch time :D

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
You guys might think this is sad, but I have to confess to catching the train up from Wollongong to go to the state library to study. I love librarys and I love the mitchell wing, its my escape from all the friends i seem to make at each library that make me get no work done... would have loved to have gone to the nerdfest last holidays however... coulda been a ball..

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Haha, i've been going unsw but not getting much work done.
Hitting up mitchell or state library tomorrow, whatever is less packed.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
i used to go to gordon, but there are too many ppl there who dont really want to study. Might go state tomorrow.

T

timbk2

heres an idea. Why doesnt everyone from this forum, who goes to state library, wear Blue.

HSC
I hear stories of BOS people being stalked, so no chance I'm going there! I prefer safety of my own home or hurstville library

cint

HSC
i go to hornsby library ....... NOBODY EVER GO THERE! the "silent" study room is the most distracting place in the world. only i cant study at home cos i find other thing to do. so basically i cant study anywhere.
just never ..
ever...
go to hornsby.
it creates anger problems.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
study @ uni library or state then.. lol a silent room is only distracting when you go with friends

hipPo3

HSC
cint said:
i go to hornsby library ....... NOBODY EVER GO THERE! the "silent" study room is the most distracting place in the world. only i cant study at home cos i find other thing to do. so basically i cant study anywhere.
just never ..
ever...
go to hornsby.
it creates anger problems.
hornsby sux .. if u want togo somewhere were u can actually study then goto Maqaurie Uni Library ..
tis where i go and they have heaps of good reasources for Ancient history .. since that my next test :p

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i stay at home to study, i dont see the point of going all the way to a libary to do what i would do at home, in a more comfortable enviroment.

hipPo3

HSC
well .. if u did Ancient History .. u might want more reliable sources .. from propper books and whatnot

also the environment helps u concentrate and thus less procrastination

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
shortygb said:
i stay at home to study, i dont see the point of going all the way to a libary to do what i would do at home, in a more comfortable enviroment.
Yeah i just stay at home. I'm home alone everyday so home is always the most quiet place to study. I tried studying at the state library once, i just got distracted.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Yeah there is some quite hawt chicks so get a cubicle so you don't get distracted =)

volition

arr.
HSC
Think what you want, but my opinion is that studying at a library(rather than studying at home) is for tools who want to convince themselves that they're getting work done. You won't really get any more done than you would have at home, I don't care what you think it just doesn't happen like that unless your house is some kind of warzone.

The only real excuse that I can think of for going is to use books that are available at the library, but not at home. eg. student answer books, study guides and so on. If you really MUST go to a library, avoid going with friends because you'll get distracted or at least sit on your own in one of the cubicles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)