Stastics (1 Viewer)

mcslave

HSC
I'm considering doing liberal studies next year. But I dropped maths half way through year 12 because i was doing 14 units.

Anyhoo, i just wanted to know from anyone doing the "easiest" statistics subject
will i ahve enough maths to at least pass the course.

Cheers.

EDIT: yeah the thread title should be Statistics but i cant work out how to change it

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
mcslave said:
I'm considering doing liberal studies next year. But I dropped maths half way through year 12 because i was doing 14 units.

Anyhoo, i just wanted to know from anyone doing the "easiest" statistics subject
will i ahve enough maths to at least pass the course.

Cheers.

EDIT: yeah the thread title should be Statistics but i cant work out how to change it
You dropped math, fair enough. But you did keep English right? Because it might help with the stastics you talk about.

tennille

HSC
Statistics is not overly difficult. Furthermore, the year 12 maths course didn't consist of much of it (except probability). Anyway, you don't have to do maths for liberal studies, but it may be a prerequisite for other units of study for science areas.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Statistics is the crappiest maths ever.
As someone else said, you don't need much high school maths for it, except maybe a bit of probability.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, statistics sucks. I agree that it barely passes as a form of mathematics. It's hard and crappy too. Yep, you don't really need high school maths for it--many people doing 4U Maths were struggling with it! Just remember how to use your t-tests, and hypothesis testing and what not and you'll be good.

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
Tennille said:
Anyway, you don't have to do maths for liberal studies, but it may be a prerequisite for other units of study for science areas.
In fact, you need to 6cp of maths or stats to meet degree requirements, which I thought would suck so much, but now I end up enjoying. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)