Starting B Commerce Next Year..? Help! (1 Viewer)

eja2000

HSC
Hi guys! I'm considering doing a bachelor of Commerce next year, majoring in Human Resource Management. As I understand it, before I can pick a major I have to do a basic grounding in other areas such as accounting in my first semester.

I dropped maths at the end of year 10. How difficult will it be for me to get through the first semester to pick the major I'd like? What type of maths is generally involved?

Your advice would be invaluable to me, as it will almost certainly impact on my UAC preferences. As such, any response would be valued.

Thanks! :party:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt HRM will have math content. As for the compulsory cores, accounting shouldn't be difficult it's add and subtract, but you might find statistics hard.

inJust

HSC
I'm having the same dillemma... My maths is terrible.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
the only maths required for BCom (assuming you're majoring in something easy like accounting, marketing, management etc) is algebra + basic differentiation.

uni starts in like what? march? plenty of time to learn algebra + differentiation.

eja2000

HSC
the only maths required for BCom (assuming you're majoring in something easy like accounting, marketing, management etc) is algebra + basic differentiation.

uni starts in like what? march? plenty of time to learn algebra + differentiation.
Interesting. A few people have mentioned that there's calculus and stuff involved as well when you have to get through all the core subjects..So that's not true?

michaeljennings

HSC
Interesting. A few people have mentioned that there's calculus and stuff involved as well when you have to get through all the core subjects..So that's not true?
nah theres hardly anything.

Theres a bit of math in microeconomics/macroeconomics such as algebra and differentiation but youll pick it up pretty easy and if you dont understand the tutors are generally pretty good at explaining it. With accounting, as omnipotence said, its just adding and subtracting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)