>>StarCraft 2??? (1 Viewer)

Evergreen

HSC

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dunno, i hadnt heard anything recently, it was my opinion that blizz didnt want to love back into the starcraft world, they have said that in basically every interview since they shut down ghost. They are interested in WoW now, deal with it.

If they shut down their blizzard battlenet portals, it wouldnt matter that much. Any half decent country has their own illegitimate server, even australia had aus-1

Even if its true, i dont know how well it will go over. Starcraft has always had a big following, i dont see how a sequel can come out under that shadow. Most likely it will just have everyone hating it.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I highly doubt that they'll be a Starcraft 2.

Evergreen

HSC
starcraft 2 will most definately have a 3d engine. EVERY single blizzard game ive bought (many) ive not been not satisfied with. there is no reason to not believe that there isnt gonna be starcraft 2 beta and eventualy starcraft 2.

recent 3d games like c&c3 tiberium wars and all those slow 3d RTS games that came out 2002> will be nothing to this game. blizzard is just unique in that it contacts with korean pro-gamers and other professional teams around the world so that EVERYONE can enjoy the game as well as pro-gamers.

also how can there be not a starcraft 2? that would be a huge u know wierd thing that blizzard would do. some korean sites have even LEAKED info about new starcraft units.

also starcraft 2 WILL be different to starcraft because its a new game. its been 10 years since starcraft has been released and ofcourse theres gonna be new graphics, gameplay, skill involved but it will most likely satisfy both realms: peolple who play for fun and pro-gamers.

Chris.

HSC
this wont happen for a VERY long time....
and even so...3d graphics and complicated game play will jst ruin it.
starcraft was a game of simple strategy and 2D fun...

Evergreen

HSC
alot of games FAILED by using 3d graphics. i dont see why there cant be a game that can SUCCEED by using 3d graphics, but still maintaining the tone of the gameplay. blizzard is not some company with amatures like EA and all those bullshit ones.

you are probably thinking of new games which are frikken slow as hell and unrepsonsive units. u know what every game has a different ENGINE that it runs on and blizzard will develop a new engine just for this game pretty much. they know why staracrft is still one of the most popular games and the most highly praised and media covered in the progaming scene.

btw starcraft is not a "simple" game. at least not in the progaming scene. its more than just strategy (i.e. i will do this and this to beat the enemy). its speed and placing ur units at the right place that seperates the pro-gamers from casual gamers.

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
also think about it. at the start when starcraft 2 is released, there will be MILLIONS of people playing it. blizzard will fix errors/imbalances just like it did with starcraft and the game will eventualy rise to fame again and there will be a bigger fanbase and more fun than ever before.

when starcraft came out, it had bugs, imbalance, etc but when blizzard fixed it it was the next big thing.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm agreeing with everyone else, there wont be a starcraft 2.

Evergreen

HSC
in the future there will be a starcraft 2. im guessing ur either a troll or clueless. nearly every gaming forum/website there is news about starcraft 2 but blizzard doesnt want to confirm because they know every1 will be hyped to quickly and u know, it might take a long time to release the game.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Evergreen said:
nearly every gaming forum/website there is news about starcraft 2 ...
Wrong, nearly every gamer WANTS there to be a Starcraft 2, because the first was awesome, but unfortunately, it just wont happen.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jumb said:
Wrong, nearly every gamer WANTS there to be a Starcraft 2, because the first was awesome, but unfortunately, it just wont happen.
True, sorry Evergreen, but starcraft is being played non-stop by koreans as we speak. It is IMMENSELY popular, so popular in fact, that i doubt that they'll be any NEED for a Starcraft 2 to come out.

However, if they do release Starcraft 2, then i'll be overjoyed. Starcraft is one helluva game :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
exactly. Ive played starcraft since it first came out[ well not continuously, but on and off] and for atleast the last 5 years there was talk about a starcraft 2. before than it was talk about a second expansion. One time i got really excited because there was some supposed plans leaked, a few screenshots and concept art, some "evidence" in the way of website names that have been bought. It just turned out to be starcraft ghost... which blizz canceled...

It wont happen, i would see it as a bad move by Blizz. They might conceivably start a new RTS game somewhere down the track, but i dont see why they would need to tack the name "starcraft" onto it, blizz is popular enough to start a completely new game with a new theme, storyline, etc etc.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Serius said:
It wont happen, i would see it as a bad move by Blizz. They might conceivably start a new RTS game somewhere down the track, but i dont see why they would need to tack the name "starcraft" onto it, blizz is popular enough to start a completely new game with a new theme, storyline, etc etc.
Agreed.

Evergreen

HSC
@ people who think starcraft 2 is not reality then you are wrong. starcraft 2 would be a huge opportunity for blizzard to make money off. also if you see the blizzard forums, theres a thread that lets people discuss what they want to see in starcraft 2.

and since a famous korean pro-gaming broadcaster announced there WILL be a starcraft 2 beta then i cant see why you guys are disagreeing. why would these people suddenly lye about it?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
S1M0 said:
True, sorry Evergreen, but starcraft is being played non-stop by koreans as we speak. It is IMMENSELY popular, so popular in fact, that i doubt that they'll be any NEED for a Starcraft 2 to come out.

However, if they do release Starcraft 2, then i'll be overjoyed. Starcraft is one helluva game :)
so blizzard would rather not make any money off people continuing playing starcraft, rather than make millions from a sequel?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Evergreen said:
@ people who think starcraft 2 is not reality then you are wrong. starcraft 2 would be a huge opportunity for blizzard to make money off. also if you see the blizzard forums, theres a thread that lets people discuss what they want to see in starcraft 2.

and since a famous korean pro-gaming broadcaster announced there WILL be a starcraft 2 beta then i cant see why you guys are disagreeing. why would these people suddenly lye about it?
The reason why we're disagreeing is because we kinda find it hard to believe that there'll be a starcraft sequel after all these years. But then again, after delving deeper, there is a likelyhood that it is true, and that there is a sequel.

We'll see when the beta comes out. And thats all i've got to say.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
yeah but then...look at the gap between warcraft 2 and 3. wasnt that about 10 years?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
no. It was 7. A more apt comparison would be between warcraft and warcraft 2, which was like 1 year or so if that.

Starcraft is the master game, i dont see how they can appeal to the masses and still make it as competitive as starcraft. Even if they make it and its a great game, people will still say " yeah its alright, the original was better" because they just cant beat it. its like warcraft, i dont see that going back to an RTS format ever. Starcraft was going to go to like an action/adventure game but ghost didnt pan out... if they had the market they would have released it years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)