Standards packages (1 Viewer)

sandydee

hey everyone...
I was just wondering if anyone has the standards packages for Chem, Eng Adv, Business, or Maths.

Our school's stingy and won't even let us look at them for some reason, and so i'd realllllyyyy appreciate it if you send them to me if u have any..

I would reeally appreciate it, so if u have any, plzzz pm me...

Thnxx

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
They probably don't want you photocopying ALL of them (we went through 10k+ pieces of paper IN ONE WEEK, mainly from yr11/12 printing out standards packages!). Ask them for specific bits.. ask your favourite teachers.

I think I know someone who has last years' standards (01) lying around somewhere... I'll see if I can get in contact with them for you, sandydee.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Actually, they may even be available on the Board of Studies website, if you haven't checked yet?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They are but you have to pay if you want all of them, I think there are portions on them

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Really? What a RORT!

I might start sucking up to my old school again. I really liked leeching off their resources.. I mean, taking advantage of their kind natures.. I mean, oh, you know what I mean. :)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
not a great explanation, but - standards packages are these things from the board of studies that show u what a typical band 1/2 answer was through to band 5/6. its good cos it gives u an idea of what u need to write/do in order to get a certain band --> the standards i suppose! hth :)

D

d00d

i do ipt and on the last day before the holidays i asked the teacher if he could burn me a copy of the standards packages for 2001 and 2002. to my surprise he agreed and i prolly said "thank you" a thousand times in that period lol...

i do 3/4 unit maths, adv eng, phy, chem, ipt and they take up around 600mb for each year so i have 2 cd's full of 'em. the problem now is how do i give it to you?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder if any of my responses are in the standards packages :p

If anyone could provide the Administrators with copies of the standards packages, that would be greatly appreciated

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
or ask your school for their top students' work from last year.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I looked at some of them from school last year. The English one was quite helpful, because I always felt like maybe our school was just weird and we were all doing essays the wrong way or at a really low standard, but looking at that I could see everyones were pretty much the same, and our teachers marked very closely to how HSC markers appeared to mark. For me it was more reinforcing than anything, because by the time I saw them it was very late in the year and all my essays had been written, but I guess you could get a few ideas if you were stuck on something.
If your school doesn't have the standards package though, you'd probably be just as well off to ask to look at a few other students essays, who got high marks. Our English teachers were good like that-everytime we did an essay in class, they photocopied a couple of peoples essays who got the highest marks, and we'd go through it in class and analyse it, and see why they got high marks. I found that incredibly helpful.
We also looked at the Maths package one in class, but I think that is a bit of a waste of time. Everyone knows how to set out a maths answer.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
our skool lets us download them from school's intranet but bl00dy hell takes age to download and you gotta pay for printing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)