standard v advanced (1 Viewer)

HSC
most of standard is alright except institutions that blows
i love war poetry though

hottie_mira

yeeewwww go advancedians..i dont care wat i get in hsc 4 eng cos i got thru it all!!! hahahahahaha and my teacher was a mega bitch and the texts (especially 50th gate) were sooooooo frickn boring.. lol if shakespeare were alive today he would have this mob of yr 12 hunting him down.. damn king lear and his daughters filial ingratitude..
thing i hate most- advanced ppl who think theyre really smart and bag out the standards..fuckn wankers
standards at our school kick the advanced asses in AOS..good for u standards i luv u all

Bokky

HSC
im not an english-knowledgelated person but i decided to take on advanced after my teacher suggested i do ESL or standard...eww. The only reason i didnt wanna do standard is coz its probly easier and it gets scaled down easily. Advanced i dont like that much but im actually doing pretty good at it, i got 60% in my trial which im fairly happy about. So my advanced HSC mark will get scaled up anyway :D oh well i had my fun there even if i found the texts boring. Hoping i get anywhere over 40/60 on tomorrows paper 2.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
knobblett said:
I have to do Advanced because i do 3U, but my school doesn't offer Standard English or General Maths.. I guess that's just us..
Adv has awesome texts but: Frontline, Blade Runner/Brave New World, King Lear.. and Crime Fiction for 3U? Wonderful :cool:
I really enjoyed doing CF. I don't think i'll do too well in the exam but i loved the texts.

Advanced is okay.. Standard really get more exciting texts (more sex/violence etc.).

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
STANDARD!! always have, since start of year 11. Im coming first. its cool. i never fret about english, i dont ever prepare for more than a day. I have made up stuff in trials. and i come out on top. i could do advanced, no probs, i just chose standard coz im a lazy sod.

0Jade0

HSC
sarsh said:
wait ...... is that possible ? so your doing advanced this year when you were doing standard in year 11. isnt that impossible .....
Well, I'm doing it....... So no I guess not.

At the end of year 10 all my teachers told me to do advanced but because I was (well, still am) a bludger I chose to do standard. I moved because it was so boring, I did no work. It was like a free.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
0Jade0 said:
Well, I'm doing it....... So no I guess not.

At the end of year 10 all my teachers told me to do advanced but because I was (well, still am) a bludger I chose to do standard. I moved because it was so boring, I did no work. It was like a free.
You're one lucky bitch.

chicki_scorpio

HSC
N/A
what sort of special education are you in ??

l am also doing standard English and i like that and the texts that we have lernt in class i have done standrd english since yr 11 and now lm sitting for my HSC exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)