Standard English.. (1 Viewer)

Hazballs

HSC
Hey everyone,

So, at the moment i'm doing standard english (yes i know its terrible). I'm ranked in the top 5 i'm pretty sure however at our recent parent teacher interviews i got told by my religion and english teacher that i should go up to advanced as i have the capability to do it and how it isn't that much harder.. If i went up to advanced i would say i'd probably be average and ranked somewhere in the middle, where as if i stay in standard i can probably get in the top 1-3..

Cheers!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,

So, at the moment i'm doing standard english (yes i know its terrible). I'm ranked in the top 5 i'm pretty sure however at our recent parent teacher interviews i got told by my religion and english teacher that i should go up to advanced as i have the capability to do it and how it isn't that much harder.. If i went up to advanced i would say i'd probably be average and ranked somewhere in the middle, where as if i stay in standard i can probably get in the top 1-3..

Cheers!
Stay in standard...

So you can be considered as a god and better than the advanced kids when you get a band 6 trollface.jpg

Go to advanced man.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced.

I did standard.

Killed me.

Hazballs

HSC
Okay thanks everyone, so i went and saw the head of english today and she said yes it should be fine but she wants to look at how i've gone at english so far over the past couple years.. It should be good though because there is an advanced class on at the same time my class is on so there shouldn't be any time tabling issues.. how hard is it to get say 90 in advanced?

planino

HSC
last year (I think, or maybe a few years ago) for standard:
0.2% (64 people) got band 6
5% got band 5

for advanced:
13% got band 6
40% got band 5

I was in standard earlier on in the year (before changing to advanced), hoping for better english marks. Instead the only difference I noted was the reduced complexity in the texts. Also my standard teacher had more of a 'don't care' attitude since many in my class simply bludged whilst my advanced teacher basically engaged with us the whole lesson and took care of any bludgers. Not regretting the switch at all, especially since standard had to do the same exams as us (and they share one HSC paper too).

Switch to advanced, the people around you may be a little better than you, but you'll directly/indirectly get inspiration to get better at it.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
last year (I think, or maybe a few years ago) for standard:
0.2% (64 people) got band 6
5% got band 5

for advanced:
13% got band 6
40% got band 5
Those statistics were from 2010. Last year, only 50 something people got a band 6 in standard. I think it was 52?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)