Standard english or advanced english (1 Viewer)

m0197

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,
I have just started year 12 and i got my prelims back yesterday. I'm currently doing advanced english and I have to say that my results are pretty bad! (60%). Now, my teacher keeps saying this to the whole class that if you're getting an average mark in advanced you would be better off doing standard. I have been getting in the 60's and 70's throughout the year. I'm really concerned about myself because I only came to Australia 3 years ago and I was NEVER taught about writing essays. My main worry is that I don't handle stress very well and advanced course if very stressing. English is my only worry and I'm quite sure that I would no way get a 90 in advanced. The only that is keeping me from dropping to standard is that I have read that less than 1% of the state in the previous years achieved a band 6. Why is that?
I really need some serious advice from you guys. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:

kietkiet

HSC
A RAW mark of 64 for advance English in the external exam aligns up to an 83 (band 5).
Whereas a RAW mark of 64 for standard English would hardly align at all.

Definitely stay with advance English. Ask the teacher or get a tutor to help you with your essay structure. It's pretty easy once you've master it.

I made the mistake of dropping to standard english from advance and i've been regretting it ever since.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
A RAW mark of 64 for advance English in the external exam aligns up to an 83 (band 5).
Whereas a RAW mark of 64 for standard English would hardly align at all.

Definitely stay with advance English. Ask the teacher or get a tutor to help you with your essay structure. It's pretty easy once you've master it.

I made the mistake of dropping to standard english from advance and i've been regretting it ever since.
Yeah, this. Only a Standard student knows another Standard students pain.
*Hugs Kietkiet*

terzho

HSC
Why don't you do ESL? I heard it scales/aligns just as well as advanced. However if you're not applicable for ESL then do advanced. Get a tutor if you need to but never do standard.

HSC
Fuck HSC EXAMS, because one exam can't define who you really are, fuck HSC- you can become what every you want, transfer next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)