standard deviation (1 Viewer)

Rose_Punk

HSC
Hi all,

I cant remember how to do standard deviation on my graphics calculator... ive been sitting here for about an hour and just cant remember! :(
If anyone could help? Thanks heaps

Oh i have a Casio CFX-9850GB Plus if that makes any difference.

SPANKSSSS

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Ummm no idea on that calculator but there should be a couple of buttons around there which say Sx and an Ox (but the o has a little thing on the side of it.. not a normal o) and you should be able to press them (remember to press the 2nd function or rcl button or something like that if its above a key and in a different colour) after you enter a set of numbers in (as you normally would to find the average)

PC

HSC
N/A
Let's say you have to find the standard deviation for the set of numbers 18, 20, 25, 57, 98 and 213.

1. Turn on the calculator.
2. Press [2] to get into the Stats mode
3. Delete any values that might be in the List columns. To do this, move the cursor into the list you want to delete, press [F6] and then [F4] for "Del-A". You'll see the whole list highlighted and deleted.
4. Put the cursor back into the top of List 1.
5. Enter the numbers into the list. Press [EXE] after each number.
6. Now press [F6] to get back to the first set of options in Stats mode, then press [F2] for "Calc" or calculations.
7. Press [F6] for "Set-up"
8. Make sure XList1 says List 1 and XFreq says 1.
9. Press [EXIT]
10. Press [F1] to calculate everything.

Now the standard deviation is the xon (4th answer down, or 3rd from the bottom) and should be 69.0541253.

It seems like a lot of stuff to do, but the more times you use your calculator, the better you'll get and the quicker you'll get. Eventually it's easier and more powerful than a normal scientific calculator.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)